dricki

dricki

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

IF ONLY FOR ONE NIGHT

ITS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE IVE DONE THIS BUT LATELY IVE JUST BEEN FEELING A LITTLE AT ODDS. I DONT KNOW WHY BUT I JUST FEEL LIKE I CANT SEEM TO FIND MY PLACE AMONG MY TEAM. IVE NEVER BEEN THE BEST WRITER, AS THERE ARE SO MANY OF YOU TALENTED BARBZ THAT HAVE INSPIRED ME 2 DO THIS. IM ABSOLUTE SHIT @ GRAPHICS & WELL...IDK. I THINK ITS BECAUSE ITS DIFFICUT STANNING 4 2 ARTISTS THAT HAVE FANS THAT DONT ALWAYS GET ALONG. IVE NEVER REALLY BEEN IN SORTS WITH TEAM DRIZZY PER SAY & WITH ALL THESE NEW TEAM MINAJ REGULATIONS & PPL SAYING IM NOT A "DIE HARD" {FUCKING HAAATE THAT TERM BTW} BECAUSE I LOVE MORE THAN JUST NICKI, I SIMPLY FEEL.....WELL LOST. SO THAT IS WHY, IN CASE THIS IS MY LAST CHAPTER, I WANTED TO MAKE IT SPECIAL. IVE BEEN GOING OVER LLT & TRYING TO PINPOINT THE THINGS THAT MADE YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS FIC IN THW 1ST PLACE. I HOPE I CAPTURED THAT FOR YOU. THANK YOU TO EVERY SINGLE 1 OF YOU THAT HAVE READ & GROWN TO LOVE LLT. THANK YOU TO PCOLA, JOCIE, CANDI, KIERSTIN, KAMIELLE, PINK, SHADELLE, UNITEDMINAJDOM, AQUARIUS, BARB_THEBAD, FLAWLESSBARB, RONII, STEPH, COCO, MINAJ_BELIEVER, JESSIE & ALL OF THE REST OF YOU THAT I CANT THINK TO NAME RIGHT NOW {ITS 2 AM. FORGIVE ME} THAT TAKE THE TIME OUT TO REVIEW OR EXPRESS HOW THEY FEEL {AKA CUSS ME OUT *SIDE EYES PCOLA & HER RI-NAH-NAH*} VIA TWITTER. I LOVE YOU ALL. A SPECIAL S/O 2 NICKISALUTE WHO CREATED THOSE BEAUTIFUL IMAGES THAT BROGHT LLT 2 LIFE. AND TO MY SISTERS, MY BEST FRIENDS, KENDALL & MARIA, I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH. I NEEEEVER WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THIS FAR WITHOUT YOU. I AM NOOOOTHING WITHOUT YOU GUYS. EVERY SINGLE 1 OF YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART. AND LASTLY, EVEN THOUGH THEY WOULD PROBABLY NEVER SEE THIS, THANK YOU TO NICKI & DRAKE FOR BEING SUCH AN INSPIRATION TO ME. THEIR MUSIC HAS GOTTEN ME THRU THE WORST OF TIMES. AND THE BEST OF TIMES. I WILL ALWAYS LOVE THEM. I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE CALLS ME. IN MY HEART I WILL FOREVER STAN. ITS MORE THAN THE THE MUSIC & NEVER ABT THE FOLLOW OR AKNOWLEDGMENT FOR WHAT I DO FOR THEM FROM OTHERS. MY RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ME & MY FAVS IS EXACTLY THAT. I PRAY FOR THEM EVERY NIGHT & WISH NOTHING FOR THE BEST FOR THEM. AGAIN THANK YOU ALL. ENJOY.


chapter 51



“Don’t worry about it. It’s fine, really. We can just reschedule.”
“RESCHEDULE?!?! I put way too much time into this.”
“Well, baby I don’t really know what else we can do.” 
“This is a disaster.”
“Just calm down. It’s ok.”
“Nooo, it’s not. I'm gonna try & call someone else. Just take him, please?”
Nicki handed off her screaming child before exiting the room. He had been sick almost 2 weeks & these fits of uncontrollable crying were pushing both Nicki & Drake to their breaking point. With the entrance of Malaki’s 2 front bottom teeth came an ear infection that caused him to cry at all hours of the day & night. Nicki had made reservations at a local bistro & didn’t want to have to reschedule. She was really looking forward to their date but when her mother called & sad she had caught 1 of her summer colds, she didn’t want to leave her with a sick baby as well. She was beginning to get a little discouraged, thinking maybe this wasn’t the right time to be going out. She was about to abandon all hope when there was a knock on the door. She sighed, rolling her eyes before flinging it open.
“Woah! What did the door do to you?!” it was Safaree. He thought his joke would make her laugh but after taking her disheveled appearance, a grey lace cami, capri sweats & long socks with her hair piled up on her head in a messy bun, he knew it was to no avail. “You ok?” he asked.
“No.” she huffed as she let him in.
“Why not? I thought today was gonna be the big day. Yall goin out & what not.”
“Yeah so did I, until the baby got sick & I couldn’t get a babysitter.” She flopped down in the couch.
“Well I thought your mom was gonna watch him?”
“She was, but she’s sick too. She said she didn’t have a problem but I don’t wanna push a sick baby off on her. I just don’t know what to do.” Safaree looked at his friend, tired & worn out & couldn’t help but feel bad. He knew that she and Drake really needed this escape & they deserved a little quality time.
“Well I'm sure I can handle him for a couple hours. I mean, how hard could it be?” Nicki looked over at Safaree, one eyebrow raised, before shaking her head.
“I couldn’t ask you to do that.”
“Well you're not asking, I'm offering. And he is my nephew after all.”
“Yeah but he’s sick.”
“You let me handle this, woman. I got this. I'm gonna call for some help. You go get ready.”
“Safaree, I-“
“Ah, ah, ah! I don’t wanna hear it. You go right now.” She looked over at her friend for a moment before walking over & hugging him.
“Thank you. really.” She said sincerely.
“Thank me by takin a damn shower. You smell like puke.” He said playfully pushing her off him. She laughed as she ran upstairs to look for Drake.
“Baby!”
“Shhhhhhhh!” he said as he walked out of Malaki’s room & eased the door closed behind himself.
“Sorry.”
“What’s up? Did you find a sitter?”
“No. one found me. Safaree just like, fell from the sky & said he would watch him.”
“He does know that Malaki’s sick right?”
“Yes, but he said he would call for reinforcements. I don’t know what that means but I think he's gonna call his sister or something.”
“Well, that’s great.”
“It is. So I'm gonna go get ready.” She sprinted down the hall & into the bathroom. She turned on the beatbox & “Carribean Blue” played softly from the speakers. She grabbed a set of black underwear from her dresser, undressed & stepped under the warm spray. She took her time washing her body with Shea butter soap & conditioning her long brown hair. Once she was finished washing, she stepped out of the shower & wrapped the soft fluffy towel around herself. She looked at herself in the mirror as he piled her hair on top of her head & smiled. She felt good. She was glad she could get this escape & be a normal person, even if it was only for a few hours. Maybe Drake had been right all along. Maybe this is all she needed to let go of some of the anxiety & tension she felt constantly. And though she still felt that small twinge in the back of her mind that something would go wrong, she tried her best to block it out for him. Because if anything, this is what he needed. She didn’t want to be selfish & let her insecurities get in the way of them having a good time. At that moment, she decided that she was going to try & make the best of this day. No matter what.
Drake had just finished shaping up his beard & was admiring his clean cut face in the mirror. His pants were on & teeth were brushed. Everything was in order, except 1 thing.
“Baaaabe!” he called from the bathroom.
“Yes?” she answered.
“Can you bring me my shirt?”
“Which shirt?”
“The white button down. It’s on the bed.” It was quiet for a while before he heard the click-clack of her feet against the tiled floor.
“You mean this shirt?” Drake turned around to Nicki dressed in his shirt and a pair of black sling-back pumps. She bit her lip as she stood before him.
“I don’t know. Why don’t you take it off so I can make sure?” he said, a devilish grin creeping across his face.
“Well, this was the only 1 that was on the bed. So I think it’s safe to say-”
“Just take it off.” He demanded. She sighed as she looked up innocently.
“Ok. If you insist.” She turned away from him as she unbuttoned the shirt & slid it off her shoulders. She looked back at him & smiled before throwing the shirt in his face. He pulled the shirt away & noticed she was clad in only a pair of black boy shorts. She turned around & walked to the door, almost out of his grasp, when he caught her wrist & pulled her back to him. She closed her eyes as his hands caressed her. She laid her head back on her bare chest, exhaling slowly as his fingers wandered her curves. Before long, his lips were at her shoulder, working their way up the left side of her neck. She leaned her head to the side, giving his mouth more access to savor her sweet skin. She never wanted him to stop, but she knew he had to.
“Baby.”
“Yes?”
“if you keep going, we won’t make it to dinner.” Drake looked at the time on his gold Rolex & sighed.
“You're right.” He said before backing away from her. “You’d better go.” She was just about to walk away when he spun her around & kissed her 1 last time & smacked her plump backside. Her eyes were wide as she looked at him smiling. “Hurry up, withcho fine ass.” She said nothing as she strutted out of the bathroom, each step a deliberate attempt to arouse him. She turned around & looked at him 1 last time before closing the door.
“I wish she would hurry up.”
“Yeah well, you know Nicki.” Drake said as he placed Malaki on the floor in the living room in front of his toys. He then stood up & adjusted his tie & smoothed his blazer.
“I do, which is why I know she needs to HURRY THE FUCK UP!” Safaree yelled deliberately, knowing Nicki could hear him. Drake laughed.
“So, what yall got planned for the night?” Drake asked.
“Well, you know, I'm thinkin a lil play action. Then, you know, some dinner. Then we goin round the night off with Cars.”
“Cars?”
“Yeah. Apparently, kids dig Cars.”
“They do!” Maria chimed in. “I was with Koyoa’s kids the other night & they looooved it.”
“I don’t get what the hype is about talking cars but she works with rugrats all day so she must know.” Safaree shrugged.
“I do.” she said matter-of-factly.
“Iight, we’ll see.”
“We will.”
“You right.”
“I am.”
“Why do you always gotta do that?”
“Do what?”
“Have the last word.”
“Same reason you do.”
“Yeah but it’s annoying when you do it.”
“Likewise Safaree.”
Drake said nothing as he observed their playful banter. Once Maria pushed him away, turning her back to him & Safaree put his arm around her to apologize, he had to laugh.
“Ahhh, young love.” He joked before walking to the staircase. “Baby. It’s getting late. The car’s gonna be here any-“ he was unable to finish his sentence once he caught a glimpse of her. Her hair was in a curly up do. Smokey eye makeup, but not too dark. She wore a ruched red halter dress with a scooped neckline & black platform Mary-Janes. When she reached the bottom of the staircase, she kissed his cheek with her full red lips. He inhaled, taking in the sweet scent of her Chloe perfume.
“Sorry I took so long.” She said. “Are you ready to go?”
“Um, can we just take a moment to talk about what you look like right now?!” Safaree exclaimed.
“What? Is it bad?” she asked.
“Yes!” he yelled.
“No.” Drake shot him a dirty look. “You look beautiful.”
“Listen, I know you better be putting on a damn trench coat before you think about walkin out that door.”
“Safaree, shut up.” Nicki said rolling her eyes. “It’s like 90 degrees outside.”
“I don’t care!”
“Aww, look at you being all caring & stuff. That’s why I love you.” Maria interjected before planting a kiss on his cheek. Nicki looked at them suspiciously.
“What the-“
BEEP!
She was about to say something else when drake put his hand on her shoulder.
“The cars here, let’s go baby.” He ushered her to the door & helped her shrug into a light peacoat, before putting on his own. Before she walked out the door, she looked back at Safaree & Maria.
“We goin talk. Y’all think y’all slick, but you aint. I see you.” she said pointing back & forth between them.
“Call us if you need anything. Thanks again.” Drake said, pushing Nicki out the door.
“Who told them they could go out!?” she exclaimed as she hopped in the May Bach. Drake shut her door before walking around & climbing in his side.
“They're both adults, babe.”
“I know that but I just… I can’t believe he didn’t tell me. I feel like I'm missing everything.”
“Well you have your own life to worry about. Which is what you should be doing right now.” Nicki took a breath.
“You're right. I'm sorry.” She smiled at him as she placed her hand over his. He leaned over to kiss her.
“You really do look beautiful tonight.”
“You're not so bad yourself.” She said smoothing his tie.
“Why, thank you my dear.”
“You're very welcome sir.” They were talking for quite a while when Nicki looked out the window & realized they were far beyond the city limits.
“Ok so we’ve gone way too far. The restaurant is a good 20 miles back that way.” Drake said nothing as he looked out his own window. “You wouldn’t happen to know why that is, would you Aubrey?” Still, he said nothing. “Aubrey, seriously?!”
“Look,” he began, “don’t freak out.”
“Don’t freak out?! You know I don’t-“
“I know you said you didn’t wanna go to the city because you wanted this to be kinda private, but I assure you there will be NO paparazzi.”
“It wasn’t even just that. did you even think about the fact that I wanted to do this? That I wanted to do something special for you because I love & care about you & I wanted to show you that just like you do me?!?!” Drake hung his head.
“Nicki, I'm so sorry. I really didn’t think of that.” Nicki was angry. She really did want to do this for them, but Drake only wanted to do the same thing. He had always been the type of man that wanted to impress women. And with Nicki, he would spare no expense. The thought that he might be offending her never crossed his mind. “We can just go back if you want babe.”
“Were half way there now. It wouldn’t make any sense.” She said in an aggravated tone.
“I really am sorry, babe.”
“You just better hope I like it.”
The remainder of the ride was silent. Nicki simply stared out the window as the lights of the city flashed past her. They drove until they reached what looked like an apartment building. Drake hopped out of the car & within seconds was at her door. He opened her door & extended his hand to her. She took it & let him pull her out. Closing the door behind her. They walked to the building & were let in by a doorman dressed in a navy blue suit with brass buttons.
“Good evening Mr. Graham.”
“Hello Charles.” He said nodding. The long corridor like lobby was dark. Large white pillar candles that lined both sides of the hall illuminated the space. The soft light was only reflected by the crystal vases in between them that held enormous bouquets of warm orange, pink yellow & red tones of freesias, geraniums, hydrangeas & lilies overflowed the vases, cascading down the pillars that they sat on. The pattern of flowers & candles continued until they got to the end of the hall where a silver elevator awaited them. Drake pressed the up arrow button, causing it to glow blue. There was a soft ding & the doors opened. Nicki walked to the back of the elevator & ran her hand along the smooth plexiglass wall. The glass was only slightly tinted, allowing her to see out to the many people walking past the building outside. The doors closed & they began their ascent to the 27th floor. They both looked out through the glass as they soared high above the city. The from nearby buildings seemed so dim as the sun spread rays of gold & peach across the sky. It created a beautiful ambiance as Nat King Cole’s “Walking My Baby Back Home” was emitted softly from the speakers.
“…Owls go by and they give me the eye
Walkin' my baby back home

We stop for a while, she gives me a smile
And snuggles her head on my chest
We start in to pet and that's when I get
Her talcum all over my vest

After I kinda straighten my tie
She has to borrow my comb
Once kiss then I continue again
Walkin' my baby back home…”
The song had reached an instrumental breakdown when the bell sounded again, signaling that they had reached their destination. Nicki took 1 last look at the beautiful city spread out before them before following Drake into yet another dim hall, not quite as long, lined with candles & flowers. They soon reached a set of large double doors, guarded by 2 large doormen dressed in suits identical to that of the doorman Charles.
“Good evening Mr. Graham.”
“Good evening.” Drake said.
“Good evening ma’am.” They said to Nicki. She nodded at them, politely smiling as they opened the doors for them. They walked into a bright café. The middle of the room was cleared, evidently for dancing as Nicki noticed a 12 piece band on a stage in a corner beyond the bar. Candles in an array of sizes & more flowers were this time, deep red roses & strings of white forget-me-nots sat in vases that glittered as the golden sunset rays danced across them. Elegant crystal chandeliers hung from the ceiling. It was all very romantic. Reminiscent of 1930’s speakeasy, but with a modern flair. They stopped when they reached the podium where the Maître d’ awaited them.
“Good evening monsieur.” He said in a thick French accent.
“Good evening.” Drake said as he shrugged off his jacket. two men who were just to their left were instantly in front of them.
“May I take your coat madam?” a very tall light skinned man with green eyes asked, arms extended. She slowly shrugged off her jacket & handed it to him.
“Thank you.” she said sweetly. He nodded as he threw her coat over his arm & vanished. She turned back to the man at the podium.
“May I escort you to your table monsieur?” he asked.
“Yes please.” Drake said to him. the man stepped down & began walking over to the wall of large windows where the small, intimate tables were lined. He pulled out a chair for Nicki & allowed her to sit before backing away.
“My name is Pierre. I will be your head waiter for this evening. If you have any requests or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know. Would you like for me to start you off with a selection of wine monsieur?”
“That would be great. Thank you Pierre.” Pierre wasted no time handing Drake the wine menu, a red leather folder with very high quality parchment inside with the names of wines in elegant script.  
“And is there anything I can get for you madam?”
“Oh, no thank you.” she said politely.
“Very well. Have a wonderful evening.” He said before bowing slightly & walking away.
As Drake reviewed the wine selection, Nicki just looked around, taking in her surroundings. The band was playing a mellow version on Sinatra’s “Come Fly With Me”. Their table was covered by a crisp white cloth. A collection of roses sat at the center of their table with a single candlestick in the middle. She looked to her right out the window & witnessed a breathtaking view of the city. The buildings seemed to glow with an electric hue as the sky grew darker. Streaks of purple could be seen now, mixing in with the peaches, maroons & other blush tones of the twilight sky. She could even see the Hudson in the distance. The water looked still, smooth as light bounced around on the surface. The city was so alive & yet here in this café on the 27th floor, it seemed so peaceful. In all the years she had lived there, she never took the time out to observe the beauty of this place. She looked back at Drake & admired the way his skin seemed to shimmer in the candlelight. He must have sensed her looking at him because he looked up at her.
“I'm sorry, would you like to choose a wine?”
“No. whatever you pick is fine.” She shrugged.
“You sure?”
“Yes.” He was about to say something else when a beautiful olive toned woman with brown hair that was pulled into a perfect bun, approached them. she wore a white blouse with a bowtie & black pencil skirt with matching heels.
“Good evening, my name is Francesca. I’ll be your server tonight. Have you selected a wine?” Drake hesitated a moment before answering.
“I think I want to start with some Dom Perignon. And for the meal, I’d like Tingnanello, red. I want to let it breathe a little.”
“Excellent. Is there any specific year you would like for your champagne? We have three available.”
“The older, the better.”
“Very well.” She picked up the wine selection & placed a new menu in front of each of them. “Here are your dinner menus. If there is anything else you would like please don’t hesitate to ask.”
“Thank you very much.” He told her. She bowed & backed away just as Pierre did as they opened their menus.
“How did you find this place?” Nicki asked as she went over their seafood selection.
“I came here once with a really special lady.” Nicki glared at him. He looked up & smiled. “My mother is friends with the owner, Charles.” He laughed. “Why?”
“I just never noticed this place here before.” She said.
“Well it’s a big city.”
“I guess.” It was quite for the next few minutes until the waitress came back pushing a cart covered in white linen. The champagne sat in a gold bucket filled with ice & rose petals. Glasses on the side. When she reached their table, she poured each glass individually before placing them in front of them. she then turned to Nicki & smiled.
“The head chef has asked me to present you with a tray of truffle of your choosing. We have milk chocolate, dark chocolate & white chocolate with an assortment of fillings: nougat, caramel, chocolate, coconut, ganache, crème, berries, toffee, mint marshmallow & liqueur.”
“Wow that’s very…sweet of him. I don’t know what to choose.”
“Can I choose?” Drake asked. Francesca turned to him & smiled. 
“Ladies choice I'm afraid, Mr. Graham.”
“Aww, man.”
“Well perhaps the lady will choose something you both would like?”
“Yeah maybe.” Drake said wistfully.
“Well……hmmmmm.” Nicki pondered. “I think I’ll have theeeeeeeee………..milk chocolate truffles wiiiiiiiiiiiiith caramel filling.”
“Good choice.” Francesca smiled. She pulled up the white linen, reached under the cart & pulled out a thin rectangular tray with 10 truffles perfectly aligned on it & placed it in front of Nicki. “Have you decided on your meals?” she said to Drake 1st  as she pulled out her notepad.
“Yes, I’ll have the… shrimp linguini alfredo. And a salad.”
“Bread?”
“Yes, please.”
“French or Italian?”
“Italian.”
“Very well.” She said before turning to Nicki. “And what can I get for you madam?” Nicki took another moment before she answered.
“I think……I think I’ll just have the lobster tail with risotto.”
“Butter?”
“On the side.”
“And will that be all?” Nicki looked to Drake. He nodded.
“Yes, for now.”
“Ok,” she said putting her notepad away, “your mean should be ready shortly. Enjoy your truffles.” She said before heading back to the kitchen. Nicki picked up a truffle & looked at Drake.
“So tell me why I should share these with you.” she said as she raised the treat to her lips.
“Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeecause you love me so very much.”
“Do I really? Enough to share my goodies with you?” she took a bite of the treat & sighed as the chocolate & caramel coated her tongue. Drake stared at her shaking his head slowly.
“GOD, I hope so.” She cut her eyes at him before sliding the tray within his grasp. He smiled as he took a truffle & ate it. “These are really good.” He said with his mouth full.
“Yeah they are.” She picked up her glass & took a sip. “This is delicious! What is it?”
“Dom Perignon. Hmmm, good year too. 96’. Don’t see many of these anymore.” He said observing the bottle. Nicki loved that it went down so smooth. Before she knew it her glass was empty. “Would you like more?” he asked her.
“Yes, please.” He wasted no time getting up & filling her glass & his. After handing her the drink, he extended his hand to her.
“Come on.” she took his hand & let him escort her out to the balcony. The band was playing a soft instrumental version D’Angelo’s  “How Does It Feel”.
“So,” he began, “how do you like it so far?”
“I think you're winning me over slowly with the champagne.” She said, taking another sip.
“Well that’s a start. But don’t get drunk now. I want you to enjoy & remember the night.”
“No guarantees.” She said waving the half empty glass in front of him which caused them both to laugh. Drake moved behind her & wrapped his arms around her, swaying back & forth, humming the melody of the tune. Nicki swayed with him, running her free hand slowly up & down his arm. He closed his eyes as he ran his lips from the base of her neck to her earlobe.
How does it feel? How does it feeeeeeeeel? How does it feeeee-eeeeeeeeel. Oh.” He sang. She turned her head slightly & kissed his lips. She kissed him again & again, turning to face him as her free hand smoothed his cheek. Her back pressed against the rails of the balcony. When she pulled his hair, he had to stop her. He backed away & smiled at her.
“Are you ok?”
“Never better.” She said smiling back. Her face was flushed & her legs were unsteady beneath her. She was clearly getting a buzz.
“Come, let’s get you something to eat.” He held out his elbow, letting her link it with hers before walking back to their table.
 As if on que, Francesca emerged from the kitchen with their meal & wine. They said nothing as they ate, only stealing glances at each other every so often. The food was heavenly. The meat tender & the fresh herbs complimented so nicely. The band playing Musiq Soulchild’s “Dontchange” softly. They were just finishing up their meal when Drake finally spoke.
“Are you enjoying you dinner?”
“Yes. It’s delicious. And its bringing me down a little bit from earlier.”
“Well that’s good because I wanted to talk to you about something.” She wiped her mouth with the cloth napkin.
“What is it?” Drake took a deep breath.
“Ok, well…you know I love you very much.”
“I love you too.” She smiled.
“And I know this past year or so has been pretty difficult for everyone, especially you. I care about you very much & I want us to be happy together. Forever. But sometimes I'm a little confused by you. so I guess what I'm wondering is, what do you want?”
“What do you mean?” she said confused.
“I mean what do you want out of this relationship? I just want to know what your boundaries are. I know that sometimes I can move a little too fast & be too intense so that’s why I'm asking. I don’t want you to feel obligated to give me more that you're emotionally able to. I don’t wanna put too much pressure on you, or make you feel uncomfortable, or make you do anything you're not ready to do. I'm just trying to get us on the same page.” Nicki was silent, looking down at her food as she thought about this. She didn’t know what to say. She was so confused about what she wanted. One day she would be ready to plan a wedding & others she would be afraid to hold his hand. She sighed before she reached across the table, grabbing Drake’s hand.
“Aubrey, I'm gonna tell you the truth. I don’t know what I want. Some days I want a lot & some days I don’t want more than conversation. But what I do know is that I love you. more than anything in this world. You love me, take care of me & you’ve given me the most amazing gift on the planet, which is our son. but I'm sorry, I can’t figure this out over 1 dinner.  I need more time to think about this. Please don’t be upset. Let’s just enjoy this night & take it from there, ok?” Drake smiled at her before pulling her hand to his lips to kiss it.
“I can live with that. Just promise me you'll think about it.”
“I will.” They were locked into eachother’s gaze until Francesca appeared.
“Did you enjoy your meal?”
“Yes thank you. it was wonderful.” Said Nicki.
“Shall I continue on to your dessert then?”
“Yes. Go ahead.” Drake nodded. Francesca began loading their empty plated onto the cart when the young man who took their coats approached them.
“Excuse me Mr. Graham, your guest is ready.”
“Guest?” Nicki said looking at him. Drake ignored her.
“Wonderful.” Drake said & just like that, the man was gone.
“I’ll be back momentarily with your dessert, sir.” Francesca said before walking away. He finally looked at Nicki.
“So,” she said, “you gonna tell me what this is about?”
“Nope.” She looked at him to see if he was joking.
“You're serious?”
“Yup. I wanted to make sure this date had something that was a little…….unpredictable.” Nicki rolled her eyes before standing up.
“I'm gonna go freshen up, then.” She said before making her way to the restroom just beyond the bar. Her heels clicked as she walked across the marble tile floor. She stopped once she was in front of the deep mahogany vanity & looked at herself in the oval mirror. She washed her hands in the glass sink before pulling her Blackberry from her bra & dialing a number.
“I was wondering how long you could hold out.” Safaree said to her. “Hows the date?”
“Great actually. Wheres my baby? Is he ok?”
“Yeah, you know, whiney, fever. But I gave him a bath after he ate & now were watching Cars for the second time.”
“Wow, he must have really liked it.
“Yeah.”
“Well that’s good. I'm glad he's not giving you too many problems. But I have to go now. Apparently he's invited a guest.”
“Oh, he didn’t tell you he-“ Nicki tried to make out the rest of what Safaree was trying to say but his voice was muffled.
“What? I didn’t hear you.”
“He said nothing! Gotta go! Malaki’s robbing a bank. Bye Nicki!” Maria said in a rushed tone before abruptly hanging up. Nicki stared at her phone for a moment confused before putting it away & leaving the restroom. She walked out & sat just as Francesca was heading for them with a silver platter balanced on her hand. Once she was at the table, she removed the cover from the platter, exposing 9 very elegant looking cupcakes. They weren’t wrapped in the usual paper or tin wrappers but in a very sturdy cardstock covering with intricate damask patters cut out of it. The white icing was swirled on top & red sprinkled looked like they were strategically placed on top.  
“We were informed that red velvet was your favorite. The chef assures that these will be the best red velvet cupcakes you’ve ever tasted.”
“Well let’s find out.” Nicki pulled back the paper & picked up the pastry. The smell alone made her mouth water. The second it hit her tongue, she closed her eyes instinctively, savoring the flavor. “This is amazing.” She moaned. Drake smiled.
“Thank you Francesca. That’s all we’ll be needing for the night.”
“You're welcome. It has been an honor serving you. enjoy the rest of your night.” She said before walking away. He picked up his own pastry & ate it.
“Damn, these are good.”
“Mhmm” said Nicki, “now about this guest. I thought this was supposed to be a you & me thing. I didn’t know we could bring friends.”
“Well,” Drake began, “I knew I was gonna ask you were you wanted this to go. And I knew your answer might not be what I hoped. So I figured id invite someone who could keep the mood light if we needed it.”
“Are you gonna tell me who it is?”
“You'll find out soon enough.” Just then there was a soft tinkering of piano keys from the stage. A soft light shone down, illuminating the baby grand & there perched on the bench sat Jamie Foxx.
“How y’all doin tonight?” he said in a sultry tone. “Hey Nicki gworl! Witch sexy self. You lookin good tonight. Real good.” Nicki laughed as Drake glared at him.
“I'm fuckin witchu man. But anyway, I don’t know whats goin on with yall but anytime a nigga spend this kinda money for 1 night, he tryin to propose or he in trouble. So I'm just goin assume you done fucked up.” They both laughed. “So hopefully I can help you out playa. But if not…” he made the phone gesture while mouthing  “call me” to Nicki. She rolled her eyes. “I'm fuckin witchu. I'm fuckin withcu. Just tryin to keep it light. You know you my dawg.” He played a sofly melody before speaking again. “I'm just crackin jokes up here, man. But I know wanna say something serious right now. I know that man loves you & he says it every chance he can. He would do anything for you & you don’t see that kind of love these days. That kind of love is rare so I want yall to hold on to what yall got right now & I wanna help you do it. so I wanna start off with a few simple words that may help convey how much it means for yall to stay in love & stay together.” he hit a few low notes on the piano before he began to sing.
Hey, lover
We have come
Much too far
To let it end
Oh, yeah
And lover, oh
We have been more
Than good lovers
We were good friends
Oh, oh, yeah
We've had our ups
And downs
We had
Some stormy weather
Some how the sun
Matters to shine
Yes it did
Yes it did
I just can't imagine
If we we're
Weren't together
Sharing our love
All the time
Mountains
We'll have to climb
But lovers
We've come much
Too far to let it
Let it end”
The words Jamie sang were sweet & simple, but they really hit home for Drake. He thought about all the things they’ve been through in this past year & how through every situation, they eventually worked through it together. He didn’t want to lose that & he hoped that after tonight, she would want the same thing.
“Yeah man, don’t let it end yall goin have yall ups & downs but don’t let it end. Simple as that. you know a lot of times I think the answer a lot of problems is simple, ya get so caught up in emotions that you don’t see that the answer is right there. You just gotta step back & think about a time when shit was simple. When almost anything in life could be solved with the right song or just a dance. So I want yall to just go back. To a time when you were young & stupid & shy. Pretend you're meeting for the 1st time & take it from there. Just 2 high school kids & you been wantin to ask her out all week. Now it’s Friday night & yall at the school dance in the cafeteria & that 1 slow jam comes on.”
They started to feel nostalgic as he sung “Slow Jam” for them, like this really was the 1st time they were together. Like they were starting over.
“I asked her for her hand. Said…” Jamie stopped singing , only playing the piano for a beat before stopping abruptly. “Nigga how am I supposed to help you if you ain’t goin coordinate with the lyrics?!”
“What?” Drake said confused.
“I asked her for her hand.” Jaime repeated. & gave Drake a meaningful  look.
“Oh.” He laughed. He looked to Nicki & asked “Would you like to dance?” she smiled as she placed her hand in his & let him lead her to the dance floor as Jamie carried on with the song.
“And we danced & fell in love on a slooooooooow jam! Play another slow jam, this time make it sweet
On a slow jam, for my baby and, me yeah
Play another slow jam, this time make it sweet
On a slow jam, for my baby and for me yeah”
As they danced, Nicki could feel that unexplainable feeling she felt that 1st night they danced. Her breathing was heavy & her body tingled where ever it came in contact with his. She exhaled slowly as she felt his hand glide down her back. He spun her around making her feel like she was flying. He held her so close, she could feel his heart beating against her own chest. There, under those dim lights, she was completely focused on him. For the 1st time in a long time, nothing else mattered but him. She laid her head on his chest, simply enjoying being in the moment.
“And just like that, you were in love. And I can tell that the way this worked hasn’t changed. You all on her. He's holdin you close. Next thing you know, you take her home, carry her to the bed & then, You’ll be makin loooooooove. Sweet looove! Then you got ya slow jams playin & the next thing you know its moring & you're wonderin how yall ended up on the bathroom floor & her panties is hangin’ from the ceiling fan & you gotta go get the broom to get ‘em down before the baby wake up.”
The light piano sounds & the heavy drums resonated through their bodies as they painted a picture in their minds of what the lyrics described.
“Damn I've must of fallen asleep
All that I remember girl is turning you over
I'm having flashbacks of your feet
On my chest, around my waist, and over my shoulder
That thing was stronger than patron
Got me higher than some weed
Hit me harder than some E
I guess I took the most of whatever you gave me
And it's all I need from you
When I'm on the inside, (Bottom of the ocean)
Girl it feels like (Swimming in slow motion) I just took a sleeping pill
Girl you got that sleeping pill
Had me in a coma all night (Bottom of the ocean)
So gone that i couldn't gotten robbed (Swimming in slow motion)
Girl you got the sleeping pill, oh you got that sleeping pill”
The lights went a little lower & only the candles around them & the glitter of the city lights illuminated them. The melody slowing slightly. He tinkered the same 3 notes, E flat, D, B flat, letting the band create a melody around it. Flutes, strings & finally drums. Jamie closed his eyes as he crooned.
“They say, I had it bad, addicted to what we had
Heartbreaks now fading fast, vitals low, might not last
Strapped down while sirens ring, holding on trying to breathe
Not like this, I can't leave, look what you've done to me”
They did a slow 2 step from left to right. Nicki rolled her hips sensually as she felt his hands brush against them. He ran his fingers along her body before lifting her chin to him. She gripped the back of his neck, pulling him closer, crashing her lips against his. She let her hands fall. Slowly brushing her fingertips against his cotton shirt, pulling at his tie, wrapping it around her hand.
“I overdosed, overdosed, overdosed, on you
They said, I've overdosed, overdosed, overdosed on you
'Cause I want you close, need you the most
Without you I'm just through
So I've overdosed, overdosed, overdosed on you”
Before they knew it, they were in the elevator, her back against the glass wall as he kissed her neck. Her nails gliding across the skin of his neck as she hitched her leg up on his hip. Once the elevator stopped, they ran down the hall & out the door where the car was waiting. She opened the door & pushed him inside, climbing on top of him as he slammed the door closed.
“So I take it you forgive me?” he asked as she ravaged his neck.
“Yes I forgive you.” she said between kisses.
“I'm glad.” He said before pulling the neckline of her dress down, exposing her breasts. He kissed her chest softly over & over. He hiked up the skirt of her dress, caressing her backside. He let his fingertips wonder beneath her panties, moving to her center. He rubbed in soft circles as she wined on him. The car ride seemed too short. As soon as the car came to a stop they raced to the house.
"Just hurry up & put it in girl damn!!!" Drake whispered to Nicki. She couldn’t help but laugh.
"Uhhh pauz!!! That sounded so nasty!!" she told him as she slid the key to her front door in the lock. She turned the knob & walked in. they crept slowly across the foyer to the living room where thy heard the TV on. They peeked around the corner to see Malaki, Maria & SB passed out on the floor on top of a mountain of couch pillows. The cars theme song "real gone" played on the dvd home screen.  The sight of her son laying there sobered her a bit, taking away a bit of the romantic energy she just had, making her a little nervous.
They smiled as they peeked in on their son with his feet in his uncle's face. Nicki started to make her way toward him when Drake pulled her back.
"Woah woah, what you doin?"
"I’m gonna put him to bed!" she said to him.
"Noooo, leave him there! You’re gonna wake him up!"
"But I wanna put him in his bed!" Drake pulled her back into the foyer, her back to his chest, & wrapped his arms around her.
"But I wanna put you to bed." he whispered to her. His voice was deep & sexy. She turned around to look at him. His eyes were full of desire. She was trapped by his gaze. His lips were moving toward her. Her heart started to beat faster. It had been almost 10 months since the last time they were intimate & she wasn’t quite ready yet. His lips were almost to hers when she pushed him away.
"I’m hungry." she said turning away from him & sashaying to the kitchen.
"But we just ate." he told her.
"I know but I’m just really in the mood for something sweet." she said as she opened the fridge. Drake knew she was stalling but he was nervous too so he didn’t mind obliging her. He leaned back on the counter, watching her as she looked for something to eat. She was so cute the way she cocked her lips to the side, exposing 1 dimple, a hand on her hip. She gasped as she went in the fridge & pulled out a carton of strawberries & a can of whipped cream. She sat them on the counter & grabbed a plate form the cabinet. She rinsed the fruit off & sprayed a large helping of whipped cream on the plate. She bent over slightly, leaning on the counter as she dipped the ripe fruit into the cream & put it in her mouth. Drake couldn’t help but be aroused. Nicki looked over & saw him staring.
"It’s not polite to stare at people while they’re eating." she told him.
"It’s not polite to tease either." he said walking over to her. He stood directly behind her. She looked back at him.
"But we just ate." she mocked.
"Well maybe I just want somethin sweet." She faced forward swiftly. The way he said that made her blush. She smiled to herself as she thought of a plan.
"Alright, close your eyes." Drake looked confused. She huffed as she turned around. "Just do it." she said as she hopped up on the counter. He shrugged as he did what he was told. "Come closer." she said to him. He took a step. She rolled her eyes as she grabbed his shirt, pulling him closer.
"Hey hey now. You gettin a little frisky there." he laughed.
"Shut up & keep your eyes closed." she said to him. She dipped her finger in the whipped cream. "Now open your mouth."
"Hell no!"
"Just open your fuckin mouth! I’m not gonna kill you!” He reluctantly did as he was told. She put her finger in his mouth slowly. She sucked in a breath as his lips closed around it. She bit her lip as he tickled the pad of her finger with his tongue. She pulled her hand back quickly. "Sweet enough?" she asked.
"Nah, not really." he said nonchalantly. She turned around & grabbed the plate of fruit. She took a strawberry & swiped it in the whipped cream. After that she placed it on his lip, watching intently as his tongue snaked out licking slowly. He could feel her eyes on him & she loved every second of what he was doing. She was fooling no one. He figured if he was going to play her game he would play it well. She let the strawberry fall into his mouth.
“That was a lil sweeter but not quite what I’m lookin for.” He said in a cocky tone.  She saw teasing would be harder than she thought. She picked up the juiciest strawberry on the plate & pulled the leaves off. She swiped the tip in the sweet cream & placed the other end between her lips.  She sat the plate down beside her & leaned forward. She let the fruit glide between his teeth. When his lips met hers he bit down on the strawberry, letting the juices flow into both of their mouths. He pecked her lips as he chewed & swallowed it. The pecks turned into kisses. He sucked the sweet nectar from her bottom lip, savoring her unique flavor.  She leaned back on the counter, putting her hand right on the plate, squishing the delectable fruit under her hand. He could feel her trying to pull away. He wasn’t having that. He grabbed her by her tiny waist & pulled her close to him. He could feel the heat of her center on him as she wrapped her legs around his waist. She caressed his face with her messy hand, pulling him closer, deepening the kiss, while his hands remained firm at her waist. It felt so good having him this close again. She let her hand fall to his chest smearing mushed strawberry & cream all over his shirt. He pulled her body flush with his, rubbing the mess on her dress as well. She let him trail his lips down her neck past her collarbone to her soft breasts. She ran her nails across his neck as she felt him place soft kisses against her clavicle. Her heart still raced when she felt his lips there. Her skin was just as soft as he remembered & so warm. He missed feeling the butterfly flutter of her heart beneath his lips. The slow & steady pace of her labored breathing relaxed him & let him know that now was the time. He pulled back & looked deep into her eyes, when she began laughing. He was confused. “What’s so funny?”
“Look at us! We’re so…..dirty.” she giggled. She ran her finger down the side of his face, picking up some traces of whipped cream, & put it in her mouth.
“Oh really?”
“Yeah.”
“Well then…” he said in a seductive tone. “Let’s go get cleaned up” she squealed as he scooped her up in his strong arms & carried her upstairs to their room.    

“Drake put me DOWN!” Nicki whispered.
“As you wish!” he said before throwing her on the bed. She couldn’t stop laughing. “Awww Nic, you got me lookin like a strawberry smoothie & shit.” He said looking down as he unbuttoned his shirt.
“I think it looks good on you.” she giggled. He cut his eyes at her.
“Hardy har har. I should make you lick all this shit off.” He said as he loosened his tie.
“Well come here, maybe I will.” He turned all the way around & looked at her. Her eyes were low, lips slightly parted as her hands glided down her frame. He walked toward her, pulling his tie over his head. He grabbed her hands & pulled them over her head, put the tie around them & tightened it.
“Don’t tempt me Ms. Nika.” He said in a low tone. She smiled, biting her lip. He licked his. He kissed her, softly at first. Quick pecks on her lips. Then longer, harder, more purposeful. He sat up & worked at getting her dress off, then her bra, then panties. He reached up to pull the tie from her wrists.
“Don’t.” she whispered. He looked at her for a second before letting his hands roam. Down her body to the place where his hips met hers. In moments, his pants were off. He was just about to enter her when her legs tightened around him, stopping him. “No.”
“But I won’t-“
“No.”
“But you're on-“
“NO.”
“Uuuuuuugh!” he groaned as he got up & walked to the nightstand, retrieving the gold package. Once it was securely around his member, he wasted no time. She inhaled & exhaled slowly as he created a rhythm.
“Oooooh my god.” She moaned softly.
“Shhhhhh,”
“But it just-“
“You're gonna wake the baby.”
“It feels so good.”
“Shut UP!” He could hear commotion downstairs. He knew it was probably Malaki waking up, searching for them.
“Aubrey,”
“No.”
“Ahhhhhmmmmm, Aubrey.
“No, no, no, no, no, no!”
“Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabe,” Suddenly, they heard that tiny voice at the bottom of the stairs.
“Maamaaaaa,” Drake hung his head, letting out a sigh.
“I’m sorry baby.” She said apologetically.
“It’s ok.” He told her. He slid off the bed & extended his hand to her, helping her up. She grabbed her robe off the hook on the bathroom door & threw it on as she went downstairs. Drake let himself fall face first on the mattress. He pounded his fists against it like a child throwing a tantrum before becoming still. He had waited so long for this, and in an instant it was over. He felt like he always did at the beginning of their relationship before they had taken it to the next level. He mumbled incoherently as he walked across the room headed for the shower.

Two hours later, Malaki was finally asleep. Nicki placed him in his crib & went back down to her room.
“Aubrey, he’s asleep now. Maybe we can finish what we-“ she stopped when she saw him under the covers, fast asleep. She was disappointed. She thought tonight was going to be the night but it obviously wasn’t. She disrobed & climbed into bed. She didn’t know why, but as she lay next to him staring at his sleeping frame, she could feel that wall slowly going back up between them. She couldn’t stop it. Or maybe she didn’t want to. She couldn’t tell. Now she was glad she stopped when she did. She knew now she wasn’t ready. She turned over, facing away from him. Even though it had been a long time, she just knew this was wrong. It had to be. Didn’t it?

p.s. if you havent listened to the work of the amazing jamie foxx, your life is wrong. plz listen. love & preyers to london. goodnight.


25 comments:

  1. nnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..imma need them to get it 2gether asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive read this story so many times!!! dont stop koko PAUZ..lol good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Lawd.... Onika & Aubrey would be a dream in real life! If only... But great job on the chapter Koyoa! I loved it. And this is my 1st time commenting but I've been reading from the beginning and I really do love this story. I do apologize on behalf on TeamMinaj tho for making you feel out of place. I love Drake too. I've been wit him since 07, but when I found Nicki I immediately started to Stan for her. I know how hard it is to try to justify your place in TM because you stan for then both but don't ever make your own team make you feel like you're not the real deal because you are. IDGAF who you Stan for as long as the love is there and I KNOW you love them both. But as long as YOU KNOW that, let the haters hate. They spreading amimosty when you spreading love! Love plentiful enough to not juz give it to one artist but to TWO! and that's great! So fuck what they say! Keep doing your thing. And I really hope this isn't the last chapter but if it is than thank you for the amazing story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG......disappointment at the end....Good job tho.....cant wait to see what happens next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so deeply saddened that you feel that way Koyoa. And I'm also sad that LLT has come to an end, abrupt end at that. Please lead me in the direction of these ignorant, closed-minded mothafuckas so I can put they ass in place. EVIDENTLY you're a TRUE fuckin die-hard because you have LLT to show it, professed love for Nicki on Twitter, and the fact you truly care about her and not just for the perks. I am sorry that "Team" Minaj made you feel outta place, just dont fuck wit em, cuz at the end of the day, they're the ones who constantly scrutinize Nicki, NOT you!!!! If need be, do what I do and support her from a distance, but with all of your heart. You're amazing and dont you dare let someone else make you feel inferior to that!!

    Okay, now time for my story review:

    Girl you had me on edge this whole chapter! Like I thought Maliah was gonna pop outta the woodworks (yes I'm very paranoid, I can't help it) and aww Malaki has teeth!!! They grow up so fast XD. And Nicki betta sit! Tryin to get it in before dinner. And they both sound like sex on a stick!! I wish my boo would do somethin like that for our date *side eye to all my future menzes* yo, Nicki don't waste no time huh? Backseat lovin. And aww Safaree and Maria are so cute!!! And Malaki as well. And damn Nicki, teasing that boy with strawberries lol, and Nicki, Nicki, Nicki, you can't be loud with a baby in the house!!! And nooooooo, I don't want that wall to be put back up!!! I dont want this story to end!! Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.

    Btw, don't ever thank me again for supporting this amazing, wonderful story. Being that I AM Team Minaj, not that otha shit on Twitter, but the team that loves unconditionally because one thing got us all together, Nicki, its my DUTY to support you and love this story!

    Love you Koyoa and thank YOU for LLT because you did it for us, not for you. And thats the best gift that you could ever give to us and TM, though most don't deserve to even glance at this story. You were partly the reason why I started writing again. I don't think you understand how inspirational you are. Plz don't ever give up on writing, just keep showing this bitches how to do it!
    -Kierstin

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWWWWW (: This was really really cute! I'm glad to know that they're working it out and just being happy. It's Beautiful.

    “Hurry up, withcho fine ass.” < HA.


    I really loved this chapter!

    post sooner than later , xox.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Koyoa please don't stop writing! Remember when I wrote my very first chapter and you praised me for it? Koy, that seriously meant the WORLD to me. I remember sitting up late on SCHOOL NIGHTS making sure I caught up on all of your chapters. You have seriously been my inspiration, Koy. Like I read your story and just pray that one day people could love my story just as we love yours. You make ME a better writer and I know it bothers you when I say that, but you honestly do. Like I have tears in my eyes right now because I just can't see you ending LLT on such a sad note. But Koy, I KNOW deep down in your heart you can't see the story that you've worked SOOO hard on going to an end like that. It may be weeks, months or maybe next year, but I know you're going to write another chapter and be able to end it with a smile on your face. Forget the foolish people that say you're not a diehard. Their opinion is a non-muthaf*ckin-factor. The ONLY opinions that matter are the ones of Onika and Aubrey. I know how you feel, Koy. I honestly get off of Twitter when I see Team MINAJ dissing Drake. Like so many people hate on Nicki, why bash the one person who shows her unconditional love? But Koy, I love you and LLT. I just hope you don't allow this anonymous foolish human being get between what you, in your heart, believe. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You beeee playingggg meeee Koy ;p I thought everything was about to be good between & whatnot :)*sighs*
    But let me tell you this, YOU my darling are the main reason that some ppl in TM begin writing, you are so talented, "I've never been the best writer" Girl Stop, your writing is phenomenal, seriously.
    I personally dont see the problem w/ you stanning for Nic & Drake it's not like you out here stanning for any & anyone that comes along. Anyone saying you're not a die hard can suck this dick Yup i said it who gon check MEEH ? Anywho, Just b/c you dont have time to be on twitter all day & night doesnt make you "Not TM" or w/e you get my point right ? right.
    But umm *Dabs eyes* You know Im Onikafaree til the casket but i'ma miss your writing boo, I hope you decide one day to start back again even if its not w/ this story *side eyes the Drickibot* *sigh* Rastafari
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, you shouldn't have to justify your love for Drake. And the only person who has the right to tell someone they're not team minaj is Nicki. I think some people in team minaj suffer from delusions of grandeur.
    Anyway, as soon as Drake said unpredictable I knew it was Jaime Foxx. Deeeaaaadddd at Jaime talking bout panties on the fan and whatnot. He needs to have a seat lol
    Smh Nicki and her trust issued(no pun intended) are really starting to make me mad. He just wants to love you girl! ugh!
    -MzDimpledAngel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Koyoa, you're one of my sisters and I love you fso fucking much like you don't even know! I talk to you because I love u as a person, not a nicki fan or author. I know hwo you feel about feeling misplaced, but ALWAYS know that you have a place with me cause I would tell every single last motherfucker in "team minaj" about their 'mightier than thou' personas. I would be so sad if you had to leave LLT at this point, but utltimately it's ur decision and I'll stand by u thrugh whatever. You ARE a Nicki stan and you are a Drake Stan and there ain't nothing wrong with that; it's called being true to your interests. I haven't talked to you in a quick minute but please know that I love you and I mean genuine love! I would more likely than not take a bullet for you, real talk. Talk to me if you ever need someone to talk to.


    Aww they was getting all friendlty and shit before they left but they had to go so they oculd get osme fresh air, think things out. I kinda get why Nicki spazzed out on Drake in the car but I still can't help but find it rude that she did like really? All that Nicki? Smh the place sounded beautiful!(even at 5 in the morning) and it had sooo many flowers that I had no idea what they looked like XP Jamie was a funyn mofo had me giggling over here!! Im glad they foudn that flame back, even just for one night. I wish Nicki wasn't so difficult and just knew what she NEEDED, because what she wants obviously isn'tworking seeing as she doesn't know. DOn't push Drake away! He's a good one! But he's one that you will have to fight for if you push him out of ur grasp......And ahhh. The strawberry thing...such a tease -___- but on the bright side my baby was sooo cute 'maaaammaaaaa' XD

    Love it Koko and I love you! Muah!- Mnm aka Kendall ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CRAP EVERY DANG TIME THIS WAS REALLY GOOD BARB!!!!!!!! UPDATE SOON I MEAN REALLY SOON IM DYIN HERE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok so I just want to take the time to say . I have read alot of stories because i love reading but believe me when i say even the most award winning books aint got shit on LLT . Do you understand that I check this website everyday for updates . and I promise you that all of my friends have read "Shut It Down" even the ones in the special reading classes -(you know) and even THEY ! love this story. It is so filled with just WOW everything ! Especially since Nicki has been on tour and just really busy this story has been my way of feeling closer to Nic ! Every Chapter has me on the edge of my seat and i have to talk about it with someone (any1 who will listen) because the descriptions are so vivid i have scenes playing in my head all day long ESPECIALLY when i play the music in the BG ? -> Y E S !. I have this page saved on my phone and computer bookmarks so i pretty much carry LLt around everywhere ! Girl i be reading in church. This story has given me life unknown and idk or care about what anyone says or thinks u are an amazing writer and you shouldnt let haters steal this amazing gift from u. Ok i think im writing to much so im just going to skip to the point and tell you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep writing :( !!!!! yes im begging and the rest of the LLT readers ! ♥ I know it must be alot of hard work but i just ask that u at least consider it (well here i go writing essays again lol) Best of luck *cough* KEEP WRITING *cough*

    -@iRepPINK

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Nooo Koy you cant stop LLT!! I have become one with this story..i love this story! I have this as a bookmark on my computer and on my phone, i stay swinging through here to see if you did an update..I would die if you told us you wasnt gonna post anymore.

    On another Note:

    Im glad Nicki n Drake finally got a night to themselves .. s/o to Safaree showing up in time to babysit. The place they went to eat .. omg it was beautiful .. just breath taking!!

    I love Jamie Foxx came to lighten the mood and remind them of how much they love each other n care for each other

    Drake I know u was mad when Malaki woke up .. dont worry it happens to every1 lol. But at least you got something in the beginning though .. but i kno i kno .. i was like "Damn she woke him up" too lol

    I hope Nicki doesnt let that wall all the way back up .. cuz then everything Jamie said would have been for nothing. Stop worrying and stressing yourself out .. dont let the wall back up Dont Do It Nicki!!!

    N Koy Please Dont Stop Writing!!!!
    (love ya for giving me a s/o n the intro .. love u gurl!!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like... I don't know where to began with this comment.. early apologies for the length. This post is making me feel so many emotions right now. You, along with Nicki & my first love have only been able to cause this.. btw, I don't like it girl. -_- First, GOD knows my heart & I know that's no excuse but FUUUUUUUUUUCK WHOEVER HAS OR IS MADE/MAKING YOU FEEL SOME TYPE OF WAY!!! I am hurt, disapointed & ashamed to know that people who claim to love Nic would ever pull some ish like this. I could spend too much energy & unnecessary time bashing the (a lot of negative adj.) people who are guilty, but I REFUSE.

    Now about this ultra humbleness ish you keep pulling. Swear it reminds me of when Nic used to say "I don't feel like I'm Mainstream" & it makes me wanna say.. WTAF? Like are you serious? FOH. You're A-Maze-Ing!!! But then I calm myself down. & realize that I too do the same thing, & that "People" can claim Super Bass is Nicki's "break out" hit. & no matter how unbelievable it is.. everybody doesn't read LLT or know who you are. YES! CRAZY ASS REALIZATION. BUT TO HELL WITH "PEOPLE" & "EVERYBODY"!!! It's all about the folks who truly matter. YOU, YOUR LOVES,& YOUR SUPPORTERS!

    I know I probably sound like a groupie & haters would question if I stand for Nicki or you, but HONESTLY IDGAF. If this is the end, let it BE.. as long as YOU'RE happy KoyKoy, I'm happy. This chapter is nothing less than another EPIC ASS EDITION to your EPIC ASS STORY. One of the many reasons I LOVE ONIKA is because she led me to YOU. AUBREY has been my love since his first episode on DTNG & only Nicki can top Lauryn for me, so he's my 3rd fav Rapper/Singer/Actor(ress).
    *wipes forehead and cheeks after this long ass essay*
    I'm most likely working on something for you as or if you read. God Bless You & You're Family & Friends. Much LOVE -@nickisalute O_o

    ReplyDelete
  14. First off it's all about TEAMDRICKI & all the haters will fucking deal! WTF is wrong with ppl these days? Since when is a true "Die Hard" (which I hate that damn phrase too btw)fan meant only STANning for 1 artist (in this case) & 1 artist only? o_O Like really who came up with that rule bc that's dumb as fuck! Koyoa (which btw I LOVE your name!) I really hope you don't stop writing LLT because you are truly an AMAZING writer, like seriously I had NO CLUE there was even stories about Drake & Nicki until I saw your story on that b2k site & I immediately fell in love with it, hell I didn't even know ppl loved my hubby Drake like that to do a story, but there it was, I found yours & fell in love (I think I said that twice) lol I'm 23 but I love to read, especially stuff that interest me & your story did. I'm not gon lie, when I read all of it on that b2k site I was so bummed out bc you jst stopped & I had to know what happened next! For the longest I couldn't find this damn site && when I finally did (which was not too long ago) I read every chapter all over again afraid to comment since you wrote it like late last yr & I'm jst now catching on, plus I couldn't figure out how to do so anyways..lol Smh. My summer has been spent reading this bc I became addicted! I was missing parties just so I can read this! Never thought I would be this hooked but you have truely captured my attention & if you want I would go back & comment on every last chapter (since I finally learned how to work this now). But I would be lying if I say I didn't know how you feel. I don't get Team Minaj sometimes. I understand that alot of them are Team Onikafaree which is fine but there's no reason to bash Drake bc of the chemistry him & Nicki obviously have bc they think SB should be her one & only. (which I dn't get but I do. But to be with your man 24/7 like that I couldn't deal..I personally think she's jst friends with both tho) but w/e I STAN for 3 artist (Beyonce/Drake/Nicki) which means I ONLY actually go out & buy their album(s), go to their concerts, & basically pay good $$$ MY $$$ to support them & yeah maybe get a few arguements to take up for them but that's it. I'm not obessed. I can't be hooked on celebs like tht, I have a life too. But my advice to you is to keep doing what you do, to hell what others think. Yes everybody has a right to their opinion but that jst what it is, an opinion & that's where it should stay. All in all YOU THE BEST *in DJ Khaled voice* & I hope you will continue this wondeful story tht has inspired me to do my own one day & keep TEAMDRICKI alive! lol :D

    -Shae

    ReplyDelete
  15. Crap! I forgot to review :(
    Sorry for the longest comment above ^ but I had alot to say. Anyways...

    I'm mad kinda. DAMN Nicki loud butt for waking up lil man, but it happens so I guess. Poor Drake :( this is NOT good! Aww Ki with his "Maammaa" he's so freakin' cute! LOL at Drake being knocked out..poor Nicki, she's so confuse. I hope she doesn't build up that wall & soon figure out what she wants. Ughh I would be devasted if this doesn't continue :( PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE continue, when you're ready though :( AMAZING job once again

    -ShaeBabii

    ReplyDelete
  16. on some real shit fuck all those other ppl talkin shit u a nicki stan no matter wat them hatin hoes say plz dont stop the story i will be really sad i mean i wud be livid 2 b/c ur so talented and i love this story btw hahahaha nicki cud help it ki mammmmaa awwww so cute

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this story!! I think in my opinion your story is the best one in TM its ranked #1 in my favorites <3 I understand that you don't want to do LLT anymore. Just know this was my favorite Fan Fic so far .!!

    And damnit .!! Nicki woke Malaki they were almost there haha. This chapter was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYY GAWWWWDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm fucking speechless!!! I dont even know where to begin. and i know i'm late but whatever. This rush going through me is.... ahhh. I'm mad but i'm not.I read this chapter like 10 times!!! But i'm sad too :/ but i understand. Dont listen to all the haters, they wish they could be on ya level. I was mad too when they were throwing shade at Drake. AnywayBritney, the many different types of teasing in this chapter has me dying!!! And Safaree and Maria???? I knew it!!!! Jamie Foxx too? I'm done, i just can't go on. And awww, i feel so honored :) We wouldnt have this story without you. Matter of fact *goes back and starts reading from chapter 1*
    P.S: imma need that interlude that we dicussed earlier ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dont let anyone judge your love for Nicki or Drake! Your story is amazing!!! Dont ever underestimate yourself!-FlawlessBarb

    ReplyDelete
  20. seriously this better not be your last chapter. personally I'm onikafaree until forever but yet this fic is the ONLY one I read. that should tell you something. after the first time I read this chapter I said to myself oh hell no so I re-read the WHOLE ENTIRE FIC and I know why I fell in love with it from the beginning. you are brilliant and talented and you should keep your fingers clicking and move on to the next chapter. I miss the days when u updated alllllllllllllllll offffffffff theeeeeeeeee time. don't make no one stop you from writing your fic and please keep it up. try to go back to the days u updated a lot. I miss those days. but anyways I love love love and I will be really sad if u stopped posting so please reconsider.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Screw what ppl say.Id rather you quit for your own good than from someone's blind opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awwwwwwwwwwww *sad sigh* plzzzz continue I want to know what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I WOULDA WOKE DRAKE ASS BACK UP FOR THAT DICK!!LMAOOO ... BUT GREAT CHAPTER I HOPE THEY GET IT TOGETHER !!! .. NICKI NEEDS A GOOD ASS WHOOPIN ... SHE IS TOO MUCH SOMETIMES LMAOOO

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG! I didn't even know that you posted!! And when i saw it, i was all excited and happy! But then I saw the intro to this chapter and it sorta saddened me... like a lot :( I sympathize with you when you say you feel lost among TM, i've been feeling that way these past few days. Sorta like I don't fit in with TM anymore and I KNOW that can't be true because I love Nicki with ALL my heart, im getting teary-eyed jus trying to explain it. Like Nicki is such a huuuge influence and inspiration in my life. Along with you. Yours is the very first fan fiction I've ever read in my life and I fell in love with it from the very first post. I jus couldn't stay away. I remember staying up all night reading your chapter's one after thee other, nonstop jus so that i could catch up on all that i missed. You're the reason I started writing my own fic. I saw that you had the courage and strength to post your writings and let people share your thoughts and that inspired me. I appreciate the shout out barb and I really appreciate you as a person too. I'm officially declaring you QUEEN of ALL fic's! Nobody's can compare to yours! Your fic's like the Michael Jackson or Jesus Christ of fan fiction's!! Lol. I don't care who disagree's with me, it IS the truth and I stand behind it whether I have a few behind me or whether im standing alone. I can't thank you enough for what you've given us. It's truly a gift. You're an amaziiing writer! Every thing you write? I picture. Every emotion you describe? I feel. Your writings canNOT be topped at all! They are classy and descriptive and realistic. If this is your last post, I just want you to know I understand. Nobody should catch an attitude with that because you have put in work! 51 chapters... 51!!!!! Who else can do that and keep their audience's attention?!?! ONLY you!! This comment is more of a THANK YOU for gracing us with your prescence rather than the chapter itself, which wuz incredible btw!! It wuz so romantic and hot and spicy and sweet and did i say romantic? Lol, this chapter wuz perfect. Loved J. Foxx being the guest. You ended it perfectly. By having Nic & Drake not getting 2 finish their liddle love scene shows that not everything in life works out perfectly. Not everything has that happy ending we all pray for. Not everything turns out they way we expect or want it to. The ending to your fiction (if this truly is the end) is REAL. I dn't mean like it really happened, of course it didn't, lol. I'm sayin that stuff like that really happens in day to day life. I'm glad you didn't jus satisfy us with a sex scene. Instead you ended it how you felt it needed to be ended. Not everything is able to be fixed in one night and you showed us that. Im happy you gave us this wonderful Dricki fairytale! Thank you so much! Don't let anyone put you down when they can't even stand on their own. What I'm saying is jus keep your head up high, stay focused on what you want and don't let the evil's of the world get the best of you barb. Thank you.

    - Toni

    ReplyDelete
  25. nononononnonononononnononon nooooooooooooooooooooooooo nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ma'am imma need u to fix this ASAP! like yesterday make her have a dream or something cuzzz she needs to let that wall all the way down -___- b4 he leave. NICK WAKE UP AND SEE NOTHING IS WRONG!!!! UGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete