“You sure you're gonna be ok with him here while we go?” Nicki asked.
“What are we, 5?” Sandi said sarcastically.
“We raised the both of you, didn’t we?” Carol interjected
“I'm just making sure it’s not an inconvenience.” Said Drake
“Please. You guys have him all the time. I love seeing my grandson.” Sandi said smiling as she bounced the boy in her arms.
“We won’t be gone long.” Drake assured her before kissing her cheek.
“Yeah yeah yeah. See ya later.”
After being hastily pushed out the door, they got in the Mercedes & headed north. The ride was fairly quiet & compared to the environment last night at OVO, it was very uneasy. They took a left turn down an alley & stopped behind 40’s apartment building. Drake cut the engine.
“Did you wanna go in or do you wanna talk in the car?” He asked her.
“The car is fine.”
“Ok.” He cleared his throat. “So, what’s this about?”
“It’s about us Aubrey.”
“What about us?”
She took a deep breath.
“I just want you to know that even though I came out here to support you, I still want to take things slow. I don’t want to rush this. I just feel like we need to focus right now. Malaki isn’t gonna be little forever so let’s just cherish this time we have with him right now. I know this is unfair to you & I’m so sorry but I just can’t split my focus right now. But I'm trying. I really am.”
Drake looked out the windshield. He wanted to be upset but he knew that would be selfish of him. He exhaled heavily before he spoke.
“I understand. As long as you don’t give up, neither will I. but you gotta understand baby that just like you, I'm trying. I'm workin on it. But I want you to understand that I know how important our son is. I really do. But my love for him doesn’t cancel out my love for you. I wanna love both of you. Completely. I really wish you could understand that, but I know because of the depression, you're struggling. So I will try my hardest not to pressure you.”
“I just…I don’t know what I would do if something happened to him. That’s something that’s CONSTANTLY on my mind. I don’t know why. But every second I'm away from him doing something else, I just think ‘what could happen to him while I'm here? Will anyone be there to help him?’ it just scares me so much. So that’s why I just kinda have tunnel vision right now.”
“I know. I know. I just………..I just love you Onika. That’s all.”
He placed his hand on top of hers on the center console. They both sat, silent, as a light rain began to fall.
Meanwhile…
When Nicki & Drake left, Carol & Sandi had decided on watching a movie with their grandson as he played. The Prince of Egypt. They seemed it fitting since they were both somewhat religious. It was also a good way spread their beliefs without compromising their personal beliefs. The 1st half of the movie, Malaki was very intrigued, oohing & ahhing at the very exciting chariot rides & musical numbers. But by the second half, it had started to rain & the steady pattern of raindrops had put them all to sleep. The movie was on its second play, poor souls crying out for deliverance from their master when a deafening strike of lightning struck, waking up the 2 women with a start. A cold sweat formed over their skin & they looked at each other like they each had seen a ghost. Their hearts were racing but it was more than just the weather that had frightened them. They looked down at Malaki’s still sleeping frame, afraid to move. He looked too still. They were both about to place a hand on him, to check his breathing, when he snuggled close to his pillow, a yawn escaping him. He was fine. They both took a sigh of relief. But that did not soothe the worries that swirled around inside them. They looked to the screen to see Moses’ mother, Jochebed’s crying face just as she had finished singing a prayer of safekeeping for her son.
Two weeks had gone by & Nicki Drake Malaki & Carol were finally making their way home from Toronto. After being dropped off at home, Carol called Sandi, her voice weary.
“I don’t know about this Sandi, I have a bad feeling about this.”
“So do I, but we can’t jump to conclusions just yet. It’s been 2 weeks & we haven’t had that dream since. It might have just been because of what we were watching.”
“I know you're right but I just can’t shake that feeling.”
“I know, I know. But what can we do?”
“I don’t know.”
“Should we tell them?”
“No. I don’t want to worry them if there’s no reason to. If we do that, we might drive them even further apart. I don’t want to do that. Especially when I feel like that’s the reason this is all happening in the 1st place.” Carol sighed. “I think it may be time for me to go back home. To my country. One more time.”
“Oh Carol, don’t talk like that. There will be more times. There has to be.”
“I know. But not like this.”
OMG OMG OMG, what is going on? My heart is racing. What was the dream about? Good interlude, update soon.
ReplyDeleteOMG what was the dream about? I hope everything is goin to be ok! *holds breathe till the next update* SN: Dont let me die KoyKoy
ReplyDeleteUh oh. This can't be good.
ReplyDeleteWhen moms have dreams, that means it represents what's going to happen or what already has. Present & Future dreams...ahhhh I can't take this! It has to be bad if Carol wants to go home. I understand Dricki's situation so that doesn't bother me it's Malaki that I'm worried about. & Maliah has been M.I.A. probably tryna plan some crazy shit, I just want her DEAD already! Anyways good interlude, I love it! Post again soon! & yes let's get "Make Me Proud" back to #1
Wait!!!!!! *panics* WTF is the dream omg omg omg omg omg *runs around room* koy! I'm scared shitless and pissin! I need to know! Post soon! And back to Trini??? Lord! Just post soon koy! Omg still my favorite story! Lolz the only one that can make me act and talk crazy like it's real lmfao I so love #LLT koy! I think u know dat LOL! Great post!
ReplyDelete.......................... KoKo what was the dream about??? i am scared now.. if both Carol and Sandi it.. then the dream just might come true..... *rambles nervously* i am scared!
ReplyDeleteWait a minute what was that dream about?!?!?!!! I need to know. OMG I hope everything is going to be ok. Please post soon! Great chapter as always.
ReplyDeleteNic is so... errrr, frustrating. I'm glad Drake is so strong and patient. I really hope his persistence pays off. They deserve each other. As for the Grams dreams. Oh my. Me and older bro had the same haunting dream before, but I'm pretty sure it was influenced by that moment in time. I'm banking on that being the case for them, but I'm still fearful. Mama Carol and her infamous premonitions aren't to be overlooked.
ReplyDeleteBTW The Prince of Egypt is a great movie. Moses story is one of my favorite accounts. Hopefully if Nic ever has to pull a Jochebed it'll go that smoothly. O_o -@nickisalute
Since when did this become an anti-Mnm thing?! Oh my poor chocolate center X( Let me make my mark on here right quick...
ReplyDeleteI LOVE The Prince of Egypt! The first time I saw it was in the 6th grade with my world history class (those bitches didn't get it dumbasses) I think Carol and Sandi should tell their kids about their dream cause the last time Carol had a dream like that, the house was burnt down. This feels like one of those dreams so spill it lady! Especially if my boo boo Malaki is involved!
I loved it KOKO!- MnM
Grrrrrrr..... *shakes in boots* *_* ?
ReplyDeleteUm…… Carol? What's going on here? Ó.ò I had the feeling they both dreamt something bad happened to Ki, but now I'm feeling like Carol thinks she's abt to die. :-/ I'm not liking this dramatic irony here. I needa kno wussup. *reads on*
ReplyDelete