dricki

dricki

Saturday, December 10, 2011

INTERLUDE

HEY U GUYS. THIS IS JUST AN INTERLUDE BUT IT'LL KINDA GIVE U SOME INSIGHT ON WHATS GNA HAPPEN NEXT. OOOOOOOOH MAKE SURE YALL READ THIS INCRED. FIC. U CAN FIND IT HERE --->http://drickidrickidricki.tumblr.com/post/13947052128/so-far-in-love-a-dricki-fanfiction ANYWAY, HOPE U LIKE IT. CHAPTER WILL COME SOON. LIKE.....REAL SOON.  ENJOY!




The sun was high in the sky. Birds flew overhead, their wings flapping hard in the dry air as they passed over two bodies lying in the sand. One moved, slowly getting up on her hands. She pulled the ragged shawl from her head, shielding her eyes as she looked around.
“Sandi wake up!” She whispered to the woman beside her. She too arose.
“What is this?” Sandi asked.
“I don’t know. I think were in…” she trailed off as she looked to her left. A large obelisk stretched up to the heavens above them. There was a matching one just beside it, forming a gateway. They stood up & looked past it to see a large stone temple with lush gardens. They jumped & spun around as they heard the crack of a whip. The sand was unsettled & rose up as a chariot came toward them.
“Move slaves! Faster!” The man on the chariot yelled. Carol wasted no time pushing Sandi along in the direction of the temple. They panted heavy as they hid on the far side of a statue. After catching their breaths, they made a run for it through the temple. On the other side, the mighty Nile stretched before them. They walked down into the tall papyrus reeds when they spotted a tall glowing figure, almost like an angel. She stepped into the water holding a basket. She placed the basket into the water before lifting the lid. Inside there was a tiny child.
“Malaki.” Sandi whispered as the woman smoothed his hair.
“Go swiftly my son.” She said before placing the lid back on & pushing further out to the current. When her hands left the basket, she disappeared in a flash of light. A lullaby was whispered through the air as he floated along the river.
Hush now my baby.
Be still love, don’t cry.
Sleep as you're rocked by the stream.
Carol & Sandi followed him, half swimming, half walking up the banks as he drifted. The water became turbulent as palace ships approached. They held their breaths as they watched him narrowly escape being crushed by the rower’s paddles. As the ships passed, the water became still again & before long, he was headed toward a gigantic, sprawling building. A wind picked up & blew the long, sheer drapes that covered the entrance to the palace aside. A pair of loons squawked & flew away as the basket came closer to the palace steps. Two women were at work fanning another woman that lay lazily on a bed. Her jet black hair that was topped by a golden headdress came over her delicate shoulders. Her slanted eyes were closed. Kohl lined her lid & malachite covered it, giving it a beautiful sea green color. Her golden skin was covered by a sheen of dewy sweat & her full red lips were slightly parted. Her body was covered by a long, sheer linen gown with gold & semiprecious stones fashioned over her breasts. Carol gasped as she recognized the woman as her daughter. When the fanners caught sight of the basket, they froze. The woman lying on the bed twisted her face in disapproval.
“What is the meaning of…” she stopped as she sat up & noticed the basket floating toward her. She stood up & walked down the steps slowly.
“My queen, please don’t! It could be poison!”
She lifted her hand to silence the maid as she walked into the water. Once in front of the basket, she slowly lifted the lid & gasped. Malaki stared up at her with his stunning aqua eyes & smiled.
“Go inside the palace & fetch pharaoh. Tell him, we have a son.” she pulled the child from the basket & cradled him to her bosom.
As the queen walked back toward the palace, the winds picked up & swept Sandi & Carol away. In the blink of an eye they were in the menagerie. The young boy sat with his mother in the garden watching as the peacocks strolled past them. From the palace emerged a tall young man in a shendyt. His chest was bare & his head was covered by a nemes with a cobra in the center. His toned chest rippled as he walked swiftly to where the queen sat. Sandi immediately recognized him as her son.
“My queen, I must speak with you about urgent matters of the state.” He said to her. The queen never shifted her gaze.
“Not now, my love. Later.”
“But it IS later. Three days later. This cannot wait any longer.” The queen rolled her eyes as she rolled over lazily to look at him.
“You are pharaoh. You were born to make decisions. You do not need my help.”
“I know but I just wish to consult with you & seek your opinion.”
“You do not need my opinion. Whatever you say, I will agree. What pharaoh says shall be law.” The king clenched his fists tight & breathed heavily.
“Very well.” He said in a low tone.
“Come my love stay with us.” The queen said smiling as she patted a spot next to her & the boy. He cut his eyes at her.
“I'm afraid I have more pressing matters to attend to.” He said angrily before turning to walk away.
The winds picked up again & in an instant they were in the deep dark halls of the palace. The only light was one that was being held by pharaoh as he spoke to another man dressed in dark robes. A tall staff in his hand.  It was 40.
“Well what would you have me do?”
“I don’t know but there has to be another way.”
“You have to find one! Something big is coming. I can feel it. You have to fix this. Please pharaoh, think of your people. Think of your son!”
Pharaoh hung his head & breathed heavily. He seemed very distraught & confused. Both anger & fear was present on his face before straitening up.
“I will find a way.”
Once again the winds picked up & they were in the king’s bed chamber. The queen was smiling as she looked down on the child in a golden cradle. She hummed to him a sweet Egyptian lullaby as she stroked his tiny cheek. Just then pharaoh walked in, a weary expression on his face. He stopped & looked at his queen as she tended to their child. She was completely unbothered by his piercing gaze. He let the chamber door slam behind him. Then is when she looked up.
“Oh. It is only you my love.” She said smiling before redirecting her attention. He walked in a slow stride toward her. Once he reached her, he looked over her shoulder at the boy. He brushed his fingers over the baby’s soft hair as his eyes became heavy. Once he had fallen asleep, pharaoh placed his hands on the queen’s hips & kissed her cheek.
“Come to bed.” He whispered to her, his voice deep & full of want.
“In a moment, my love.” She said, seemingly unfazed. She continued to gaze down at the child. Pharaoh took a deep sigh before backing away & heading toward the bed. Then, everything went black.
After a while they noticed a soft glow upon them. They looked up to see the light of the moon shining down on them. They were outside on a sand dune, overlooking all of Egypt. The wind picked up & swirled around them all the way up into the sky. It blocked out the light of the moon & the sky rumbled, causing the ground to tremble underneath them as someone spoke.
“your stubborn pharaoh & his queen did not properly heed my message. And for that…they must be punished.”
The voice sounded angry but sorrowful at the same time. It was calm, but something about it made it seem so majestic & regal. It made them want to tremble with fear but also marvel at its wonder. It was something completely not of this world.
“there shall be a great cry in all of Egypt. Such as never been heard & never will be heard again.”
Both the woman felt a swirl of fear in the pit of their stomachs.
“Tonight I shall pass through the land of Egypt & smite the 1st born & bring he who has been sent by me, back into my loving embrace.”
The wind ripped past then & on toward the city along with a flash of light. It spread over Egypt like fog, blanketing it. The mist seeped into every window & door, crack & crevice of every home in Egypt until finally it came upon the palace. Shadows were cast over the tall monuments of kings past as the mist spread through the halls. It crept into the servant’s quarters where a hand maiden lay sleeping with her children. The mist hovered over the eldest child & pulled the very breath from his body before moving on, leaving the child unmoving. It spread through every inch of the palace until finally reaching the pharaohs chamber. It was hesitant first before seeping under the door. A light gasp was heard before the mist exited the way it came in.
After spreading through the entire city, the mist rose to the sky in a swirling vortex before vanishing. The night sky was completely clear & all was still.
Following the silence was the sound of gasps, then a hum of voices before finally blood curdling screams. Sandi & Carol raced for the palace as fast as they could. They looked around as they ran through the streets & saw crying mothers holding the lifeless bodies of their sons & daughters. They pushed on faster, past the houses & temples, hoping & praying that they wouldn’t see what they already knew had happened. Panting, with sweat dripping down their faces, they headed up the palace steps. Down the hall they went until they reached the great hall. They slowed as the heard sobs that sounded painfully familiar. They peaked behind the pillars to see the pharaoh walking toward a great slab of sandstone in the center of the room. The queen wasn’t far behind. Her makeup was messed as she was overcome with tears. In the arms of the pharaoh was their child. Gently, he laid the baby down on the sandstone. The moon shone down on him through the open roof & painted him with an eerie white hue. His eyes were closed, almost like he was asleep. But his chest did not rise & fall. Pharaoh covered the boy’s body in sheer white linen as the queen feel to her knees & emitted gut wrenching cries that escaped from the pits of her soul. Pharaoh clenched 1 hand in the fabric that lay over his son & used the other to cover his crying face. He too fell to his knees.
“What have we done?” he cried as he banged his head against the stone. “What have we done?”

15 comments:

  1. Prince of Egypt references rock :) I loved this dream sequence and it really makes sense. I hope and pray that Nicki realizes what she's doin before it's too late but from how I see things, she's not gonna :(

    -Kendall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg wat does this dream mean cause im so confused but please post soon xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh god I'm so scared . I hope nicki comes to her senses QUICK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. KOYOA!!! This is AMAZING :* I was like woahh! lol. This is really interesting. I just LOVE it!
    "..stunning aqua eyes ❤!" This is soooo pretty! I liks melted. He is such a cutie! I'll never get over it, lol.
    *BIG EYES.* I am so apprehensive on like, what's going to happen :O. I really need Nicki to like... what her future is looking like haha.
    but just... awwwww :(.
    UPDATE SOON! *checks out Tumblr.* Ditto :P.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW so this was their dream?
    That was deep, pauz.
    But damn the image I had in my head of Drake shirtless dressed like that *fans self* Oh my...lol ;p
    Anyways I'm ready for the chapter tho! These interlude's always scare me for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BREATHTAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Somebody please tell me what this dream is about I'm so confused and what does it mean?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, KoyKoy. The visuals!!! I must admit.. Nic & Drake in that ancient Egyptian attire looking like the Royalty they are.. did you ever decide on what you wanted drawn? O_o And Malaki. smh.
    Wait. Okay. So I've read Exodus and seen The Prince of Egypt. And I must say that the merging of the "characters" in Mama Graham & Maraj's dream fit so well!!! If Nicki continues to neglect Drake by engrossing herself so heavily into Malaki, and Drake's so concentrated on regaining her attention, then neither of them will be conscious or cautious enough to protect him from possible dangers. *breathes*
    I need the Grams to sit them both down and inform them of these dreams. Maybe it'll scare some since into them. *shrugs* -@nickisalute

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ebony basically said what i was gon say about the dream so just please post soon i really hope they can get them back to where they are suppose to be in their relationship before its too late.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Prince of Egypt reference totally rocks!!! It fits so perfectly. I hope & pray that Nicki realises things before its too late. I would hate for anyting to happen to Ki. Nicki has to realize that Aubrey isn't the enemy. That's together thay can make it, cos Lord knows apart they just a mess. Mama Carol & Mama Sandi need to share this with both Aubrey & Nicki, even though they might not understand now, they'll eventually realize. & maybe it will be just the awakening they need.


    Amazing interlude Koy, I can't wait for the full chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was a really INTENSE dream. I'm scared now.Beautiful imagery too, I could picture everything in my head.
    -MzDimpledAngel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wooow! I was just thinking of this movie yesterday. Prince of Egypt :) hmm. I have an idea of where this is going. *sigh* *prepares self* :/ -OnikaIsMyREASON

    ReplyDelete
  13. ……………… Why are you so good at this? I pictured everything. I saw EVERYTHING. Nicki as Queen. Drake as Pharaoh. Baby Malaki in the basket (which I envisioned to be whicker). I could see how beautiful Nic looked with the kohl around her eyes, so fitting. And to add to it, I pictured them barefoot as well… Anyway, I digress. This dream is the exact mirror image of what's happening in their day-to-day life. I hope nothing bad happens to Ki. I mean, Nicki's slowly coming to her senses & to have a tragedy occur with their son would INDEFINITELY destroy her. She'd never be able to get back to her old self. Never. I jus hope Mama Carol & Mama Sandi can tlk to Dricki abt this dream of theirs b4 anything goes wrong. 4 the record, that all knowing voice they heard jus mite symbolize Maliah's crazy ass. Keep her away plz. Thanx.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. IM SO SCARED FOR THEM.....anyway let me see if i got this-

    Maliah is the thing that might kill Malaki
    Nicki is the queen
    Drake is tje phorah

    Koko i absolutely love how you did this and SANDI &CAROL NEED TO TELL THEM ABOUT THIS DREAM
    I really hope this has a happy ending

    #TEAMDRICKI today and forever

    ReplyDelete