chapter 56
“His blood pressure is still pretty high.” Maria said as she took off her stethoscope. Koyoa stood looking out the window, arms over her chest.
“I just don't know what we’re supposed to do. I don't wanna give up but I don't want him to suffer either.” She looked down at Malaki. The past few weeks have been difficult for him. His heart had stopped twice & with his kidneys failing, no one knew how much more of this he could take. With a fever of 102, he laid lethargic in the crib, not making a sound. The child didn’t even smile at the sound of familiar voices anymore. All he ever did was stare off into the distance, lost in a world all his own. Koyoa had put him on the most aggressive treatment plan she could but if he didn’t show improvement soon, she would have no choice but to stop. His body wouldn’t be able to withstand much more.
“Give it another hour, then up the dosage .5 cc’s.” Koyoa said quietly. She was nervous. She knew this much medicine could cause his heart, or even his brain to give out, causing irreparable damage, or worse. But she had to. She had to give it a shot. Malaki deserved this chance.
The world was dark. He saw nothing. Still caught up in that space between sleep & consciousness. He let his eyes open. Slowly. Very slowly. Everything seemed to be in black & white. The light that came through the windows was so pale. He flexed his fingers, feeling the fabric underneath him. How did he get into his bed? He must have walked here late at night. Surely Nicki didn’t get him here. Nicki! Where was she? He lifted his head but quickly fell back down. His head was pounding. In that instant, his sense of sound came rushing back to him. Somewhere in the distance, there was a hammer banging against something. Why would someone be hammering?
And that’s when Drake remembered. The night before, the argument, fighting, choking Nicki, destroying Malaki’s room. Had that all really happened? He couldn’t tell. Slowly, he got to his feet. His body was heavy with fatigue. But on he went, down the hall to the half opened door. He was half hoping he would find Nicki in her usual spot in front of the wall of windows. But when Drake pushed the door open, he was surprised.
There, in the middle of the room, stood Onika. A long, fluffy robe covered her body& a steaming mug was in her hand. She seemed to be in a deep conversation with the man standing across from her. He looked to his left, noticing the crew of men working diligently to fix the glass wall of the room. Hammers were banging nails into the baseboard. In another corner, a buzz saw was cutting a piece of sheetrock. The room was almost completely repaired. So it was real. Everything he thought happened, actually did. Seeing the damage he caused really weighed down on him. That night, he wasn’t himself & he couldn’t believe he had lost grip on reality like that. Drake had never been more disappointed in himself. He couldn’t face Nicki. He knew she couldn’t possibly forgive him for how he had hurt her. He was about to head back to his room when Nicki turned around, spotting him. She excused herself from her conversation & headed in his direction.
“Hey,”she called, “everything ok?”
“No. everything is not ok.” She wanted to say something more, but she stopped herself. He needed time. Wordlessly he trudged back down the hall, leaving the door cracked. She watched as he sunk down onto the mattress, his head in his hands. He looked so tired. His forehead more creased than usual, his eyes red rimmed. He looked more aged, worry ever present in his face. She wanted more than anything to embrace Drake. Hold him & tell him it was ok. But the events from the previous night were still fresh on her mind. She adjusted the collar of her robe & slipped back into Malaki’s room. Drake wasn’t the only one that needed time.
“What happened?!” Koyoa asked as she ran alongside the nurses.
“We upped the dosage, like you said. Then his fever spiked. He was crying& then he just coded. There’s fluid in the pericardia, we’ve gotta get it out.” A young male nurse informed her as he used his hand to pump a breathing bag over Malaki’s face.
“How long?”
“3 min. & 42 sec. now. He’s breathing but it’s very shallow.”
“Which O.R. is ready?”
“4 is waiting on us now.” They turned a corner & crashed through the double doors of the O.R., pulling up next to the operating table.& quickly undressing him.
“Alright lets get an ultrasound going.” Koyoa instructed. “Sweetie, can u get him on that ventilator?” the ultrasound machine was on & the sound of Malaki’s heartbeat filled the room.
“Fluid is filling the left side.”
“Insert the needle between the second & third rib.” One nurse sterilized him with iodine while another removed a long silver needle from its packaging & attached it to a syringe.
“Okay,”Koyoa breathed, “let’s hope this works.”
Nicki walked down the hallway to her room. Drake was on the far side of the bed, his body facing the window. She came around & sat on the edge of the bed, in front of him.
“How you feeling?” she asked softly. Drake simply shrugged, not looking at her. She put her hand on his shoulder, rubbing it gently. He glanced over at her.
“Why are you being so nice to me? After what happened last night, we shouldn’t even be speaking.” He said to her. Nicki half smiled, her eyes focused on the trees just beyond their yard.
“After everything that’s happened, I’d say you deserved a breakdown.”
What? Was he hearing her right? How could she forgive him so easily? He was almost mad at her. All the other fights they had, she was so quick to distance herself from him. But now she was acting like it wasn’t a big deal. Why was she being so…calm? Could it be?
“Malaki. How is he? Is he-“
“He's fine.” She stopped him. “He's been stable these past few days. I've been staying up there with him, coming back to check on you every now & then.
“But why?” he asked. “After all the shit I put you through, why are you being so nice to me?” Nicki gave him a crazed look for a moment. He really didn’t know why?
“Because we love each other Aubrey. That’s why.” And to her, it was all that simple. They sat there for a while, wrapped in the silence around them. He couldn’t find anything to say to her. So many things were running through his mind at once. He started to speak but she stopped him.
“Take some time to gather your thoughts. You can give me a call when you're ready to see Malaki. I’ll come home so you can spend some quality time with him." she said before getting up, leaving Drake to meditate on his emotions.
“His fever has dropped significantly. Blood pressure is a little high, but he’s stable.” Maria informed her as she made notes on his chart.
“Thank goodness.” Koyoa said, stroking his hair.
“Nicki’s on her way back up here. I'm sure he’s gonna be fine for the night. You should go home. Get some rest.”
“No, I'm ok. I'm just gonna crash here.” Maria looked up at her.
“Koyoa, you haven’t seen your kids in 3 days…..go home.”
“No. my kids are fine. I need to be here.”
“Your kids need you too, though.” Koyoa looked over at her.
“Maria, if this was your kid, wouldn’t you want them to be with someone you trust? And wouldn’t you want to know that during a time like this, when anything could go wrong at any moment, that the person's hands you're putting you child's life in is there at all times?” Maria sat back in the rocking chair, her fingers moving instinctively to her belly. These past few days, she had been upset with her friend for not being at home with her family. Since she had found out that she would be starting a family of her own, she couldn’t imagine how anything could keep her away from her child. But thinking about the current situation that Malaki was in, Maria felt bad for thinking less of Koyoa. God forbid if she ever had to go through something this tragic, she knew she wouldn’t want anyone but Koyoa by her child’s side.
“Well, yeah.” she said, a little less defensive. “Of course.”
“Well they trust me. He trusts me. I need to be here. I need to see this to the end. Whatever that end may be.”
He handed her the coffee before taking the other corner of the sofa. She gave him a half smile before taking a sip. The drink was hot but it soothed her raw throat & almost immediately jolted her body awake. Two sugars, a little cream, just the way she liked. She didn’t even have to ask & he still knew what she needed.
“Thank you.” Nicki said politely before taking another sip. He waved her off as he drank his own beverage. He sat his coffee down on the table in front of him & looked around.
“Feels like old times again, right? Waiting, worrying.” Drake joked.
“Story of our lives.” She said sarcastically.
“Don't I know it.” An awkward silence fell over them again as they drank their coffee. She looked at him over the rim of her cup, willing him to look back.
“What?”he asked.
“You tell me.”
“What do you mean?”
“Something’s on your mind.” She said, tucking 1 leg under the other. Drake looked down.
“I don't know what you're talking about.” He swished the little bit of coffee he had left around in his cup. It was almost empty. Looking up, he caught her staring again.
“What?!?!”
“You really think I don't know you well enough to know when something’s on your mind?” Drake sighed.
“It’s nothing.”
“Really?”
“Really.”
“Then tell me!” she ordered. He sat forward & gripped his coffee with 2 hands contemplating if he should say what he was thinking. He knew she wouldn’t let it go. Drake huffed before falling back, letting the sofa cushion him. This was the worst possible time he could want to say this but she would know if he was lying.
“I'm just confused. Conflicted.” He began.
“How so?”
“Well. I'm just wondering why you're here. Not actually here, but like, here. With me. After what I did.”
“It’s not really a big deal.” She said nonchalantly. Drake moved closer & used his index finger to pull down the collar of her creamy cashmere turtleneck, revealing the violet colored bruise on her neck.
“I’d say that’s a very big deal.” He spoke solemnly. He let her collar go, recoiling back to his side of the sofa.
“Aubrey, I know you didn’t mean it.”
“Doesn’t matter. The fact is, I did it. I should never have hurt you like that.”
“After everything you’ve been through. All that shit I put you through. It was bound to happen.”
“I should never lose control like that. I'm never gonna forgive myself for that. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how you could let it go so easily.”
“I didn’t say I let it go. But even though you hurt me physically, it made me feel better.”
“How does that make you feel better? This is what I don't understand. You act like you want me to take control & be a man but when I do, you get mad. But when I lash out & act like a child, you praise me for it?”
“It’s not that. It’s just that you ALWAYS feel like you need to be the strong one in the relationship & it doesn’t have to be like that. I just wanna know that you feel safe enough with me to let me be the strong one sometimes.” Drake was quiet for a moment, taking in her words.
“I guess I never thought about it like that. I do understand, but why can’t you just say that? Why do you have to push so hard?”
“I don't mean to.”
“Yeah but you do & that’s not an easy thing to deal with. And if you don't get the results you want, you just push me away. Ever since the 1st time we broke up, it’s like you’ve had up this wall. Like you didn’t want to be with me but were somehow stuck with me because of Malaki. If you didn’t want to be with me you know you never had to be. If all of this was mounting up for you to leave, you could’ve just did that. You didn’t have to destroy me in the process.”
“I never meant to hurt you.”
“Then what did you mean to do? I need answers. Please.” It was Nicki’s turn, she drew her knees to her chest.
“I knew I loved you. From that 1st day when I slammed that door in your face, knew. I couldn’t explain it. That stupid smile you always had plastered on your face & your dumb jokes. Your whole corny & stereotypical Canadian demeanor made me like you. But your deep & meaningful thoughts about the world & intellectual conversations we could have made me want you. I always wanted your company. You just had this way of making me feel comfortable without trying. And that was hard because everything was so new to me & I was always so nervous.”
“But then I realized you wanted me too. Then your career started to take off & then came fame & status & women. Lots of women. We drifted apart & it was hard for me to tell why you wanted me. Was it my looks? Was it for publicity? I didn’t want to be just another….interlude or…line in a song. I wanted to mean something. So I had to know if you really wanted me.”
“So you made me chase you for 2 years.”
“Yes.”
“But, I don't get it. If you wanted to be with me, why did you keep pushing me away? I just don't understand. It’s not like you just had a wall up. You built a whole fortress! The more I try to love you, the more you push me away.” Nicki was quiet for a moment, letting her legs relax onto the couch, her hands folded in her lap.
“I knew you liked chasing me. You liked the challenge. But I just knew in the back of my mind that when you finally had me, you wouldn’t want me anymore.”
“I guess I just don't understand because I see so many women that are pining for attention. More than those that aren’t. Knowing what your life has been like, I just figured that when you did find someone to love you, you would embrace it. I never thought about the possibility that people could hurt you so bad, that you wouldn’t want me. That, to me, is sad. But I guess your logic worked because the more you pushed me away, the more I wanted to help you.”
“And I knew that you would. I know you. But I didn’t know when I was pushing you too far.”
“But you had to know. All the arguments. The fighting.”
“I know but…I just didn’t want you to get inside & know the real me.”
“We’re supposed to spend the rest of our lives together. Why wouldn’t you want me to know you?” Nicki covered her face with her hands, tears falling down her cheeks.
“I don't know.”
“You do know, Nicki, give me an answer.”
“Because I didn’t think you would like me, ok?!” She yelled, followed by a choked sob. Her shoulders shook violently. He reached out to her, rubbing her slowly.
“Nicki, I don't understand.”
“I know, ok. It took me a long time to realize but I, I finally see that it’s me. I sabotage my relationships because I know I'm not good enough. I mean, I know you're probably gonna tell me that’s not true, but that’s how I feel. And I don't wanna keep getting hurt over & over so I push people away when they start to get close because I know they’re gonna leave anyway. But with you…I don't know. I didn’t wanna let you go but I didn’t want you to get bored & leave like I've seen you do with other women. Like Nebby& Jade. Even Maliah. So I created this…puzzle, something that would keep you occupied but would still keep you at a distance that was far enough to keep me from getting really hurt. But then Malaki came. He changed everything. I was so afraid that if I let you in & you decided to leave that you would take him away from me. I just thought that after you growing up without your father around, you wouldn’t want to be away from him & to me, that meant taking him out of my life. I was just losing control. So I hurt you. I was hurting so deep inside from so many things. I didn’t want to be the only one. I wanted someone to be miserable with. I was feeling so down that I needed you to be down with me.”
“I just don't understand that shit. If you fucking love a person you don't just torture them! You don't push them away. You don't hurt them & break them down. When men do that to women, that’s called abuse. You don't abuse people that care for you. I care for you. I love you more than anything on this planet & not only do I tell u on a daily basis, I try to show you in every way possible. I know I'm not the greatest man in the world Nicki but I try. I try so hard to make you happy. I'm a good guy. Not to sound cocky but I know a lot of women that would be perfectly happy with me if I treated them the way I treat you. But I don't want them. I want you. I want to do whatever it takes to make it work with you. I don't mind fighting. I don't mind working for it. But you can’t hurt me like this. I respect your defenses & I understand why you have them in place but if we're gonna make this work, baby & I mean really make it work, you have to trust me. Do you trust me?”
He extended his arm to her, his hand openly waiting to be taken by hers. But she was hesitant. Letting go of destructive habits was always difficult for her. It was so easy to just be cold & pretend that things people did or said didn’t matter. But this was a lonely lifestyle. She loved Drake & she wanted him to be in her life. She knew if she wanted to keep him there, she had to stop pushing him away. She had to open up & accept love & believe that this was the way she deserved to be treated. She had to trust him.
Nicki put her hand in his, interlocking her fingers with his. He pulled her to him, wrapping his arms around her. He took a deep breath, his nose to her head, inhaling the scent of her hair.
“I know it’s not gonna be easy. I know it isn’t gonna happen overnight. But you have to trust me.”
“As long as you trust me too.” She whispered. Drake hid his face in her locks. The thought of entrusting her with his feelings was a scary one. All too often he had let women in emotionally, only to meet unrequited feelings & jokes about him in the media. This was a lifestyle he was not looking to return to. But if Nicki was willing to try, so was he.
“With my life.”
“Who do you think you are to make that call?!?” Koyoa shouted.
“I am the chief of medicine!” a tall, slender man yelled back from across a large oak desk.
“I don't understand how you can do this. You’re essentially KILLING him!”
“So you want to keep him on these machines? He’s not breathing on his own. The medicine you’ve given him has started to shut down all of his major organs. He probably has severe brain damage. He’s as good as dead.” The room was dead silent. Koyoa was using all the strength she could muster to keep from slapping this man.
“I just need another week. I know this is gonna work!”
“No. you have 3 days to let the family take this all in. After that, you pull the plug.”
“No.”
“You’re too emotional with this one, Koyoa. You’ve let these people damn near live in my hospital for far too long. I'm not gonna let you waste my resources on a kid that’s gonna die.” Koyoa sat back in her chair, arms crossed, bouncing her knee as she looked out the far window.
“And if I don't?”
“Then, you're off the case & I find somebody who will do it.” Koyoa stared him down a long while. Her mind was reeling, trying to find any way out of this situation. Nothing was coming to her. Finally, she stood up from her seat.
“Go to hell.” She spat, before walking out his office, slamming the door.
“I can’t believe this. This is actually happening.” Maria said, shocked.
“It still feels like a dream. I can’t process that with a flick of a switch, he could be gone.” Nicki said.
“I tried everything I could. I swear I did. I'm so sorry-“
“No. Don't blame yourself. You went above & beyond for us. We couldn’t have asked for a better person to take care of our son.” Nicki said, patting her shoulder. Koyoa looked up at the clock. There was less than a minute until her deadline. She kept trying to think of ways to avoid this, but none came to mind. She looked through the glass sliding door at her boss tapping the face of his watch. She looked over at Maria & sighed. Maria got up & headed for the O2 meter. Koyoa stopped her.
“No, I’ll do it. I don't want you to have that on your conscience.”Maria hugged her tightly before backing away, wiping her tears. Koyoa took a breath, wiping her own tear stained face, before gingerly flicking his oxygen off. She removed the plastic tubing from his face& stood back. Malaki lazily opened his eyes & smiled.
“If the treatment doesn’t work, his lungs & heart will slowly stop functioning.” Koyoa informed them. Drake & Nicki sat down next to him, their eyes filled with tears. With their fingers intertwined, they gazed down at their son. His small body clearly exhausted from the strenuous treatment. Nicki could feel Drake’s body trembling slightly. She wrapped his arm around her waist & kissed his bicep.
“It’s ok baby.” she said, trying to assure him. She he put his face into her hair, shaking his head.
“I can’t do this.”
“Yes you can. You can do this.”
“No, man. This is my son! I can’t just say goodbye.” He whispered. Nicki could feel his tears on her scalp. She turned around to face him.
“Hey. No one said this was goodbye. We don't know how this is going to turn out. But you didn’t give up on me. I didn’t give up on you. So neither of us will give up on him, you understand?”
Drake closed his eyes, nodding his head. They both wiped their tears before sitting down next to Malaki.
“hey pooh bear.” Nicki cooed. His eyes fluttered closed as he sucked in a breath. Their hearts stopped. Drake looked over to Koyoa, agony on his face. She looked to Maria.
“His oxygen levels are still good he’s at 97%. He’s just adjusting to not having the extra help.” Maria informed them.
Everyone sat, watching for the next few seconds as Malaki’s chest rose & fell.
“Its ok, man. You're gonna be ok.” Drake said in a soothing tone.
While his parents comforted him, Koyoa hung in the background, praying quietly.
“Keep breathing, Malaki. Come on baby, just keep breathing.”
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG DRAKE AND NICKI HAVE ME CRYINGG!!! :((((( I'm so proud of nicki to finally accept drake's love for her! poor malaki i hope he makes it, :( this story feels so damn real! i can feel every emotion dricki are presenting in this story! update soon :)
ReplyDeleteThis Chapter Was Soo Heartbreaking, but also soo heart warming. Sooo many emotions Running through me right now.
ReplyDeleteBut I am Sooo Proud of Nicki and Drake. I feel like theyve learned alot. Instead of being pissed at eachother, they learned, that they can work thru it together. After Finally revealing Their true feelings, i Really believe they can Make ther relationship work our for the better.As long as they both Try and make it work. Baby Ki, Oh My gosh, hes Such a strong Little Boy, he definitley get that from his parents. With his Parents happy and both their supporting them, i think he can pull thru. He has such a strong heart. Cmon Ki, keep it up. The cheif can go Die in hole. Like they came all this way for nothing? They did all that treatment only for you to shut it down? Hes a strong little boy. He can get through this i knoe he can.
Im Sad this Story is coming to an end. Its been going for a couple years now an i completley understand. Just Thank You soo Much. For giving us such an amazing, emotional well writter Story. I just Hope you dont stop writing. You are soo Talented at it. And id love to read more of your writing. I just wanna say thankss Sooooo Mucch for Everything.
Oh my goodness.... I thought he was a goner :'( I was almost abt to cry. I love Nic & Drake's conversation abt how she needs to trust him. Real shit was said. This definitely sounds like their relationship in real life. I hope they work it out & I reeeaally hope Ki lives. Dricki can't lose their baby boy. Can't wait for the next post, Koy. Thank you. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm soooooo happy your back with this story. Oh man I'm still a lil freaked out about that fight nicki and drake had but as long as they work on each other I guess everything will be ok. I can't imagine what will happen to them if malaki doesn't make it =(....losing a child, man. I don't wanna think about it. But I just hope malaki comes out strong in this.
ReplyDeleteWOW.
ReplyDeleteI held my breath through this whole chapter (well I stop to breathe a few times but still kept holding it). Smh I really felt like a was watching an episode of Grey's Anatomy. This was so intense. I'm so proud of Drake and Nicki. This is what they needed, to talk to each other and it's sad that it had to come to that for it to happen. I'm so glad they were honest with each other. & Awww Maria & Safaree having a baby (prepares to tease her on twitter lol) I feel bad for Koyoa but her boss is right. I really hope Malaki pulls through this. If not I know for sure I'm going to ball like a baby. AMAZING job with this chapter. I LOVED it.
I don't know if I ever said it but you really are an amazing writer cause like the way you have me feeling from this right now is crazy like I wanna cry with everything Nicki and Drake are going through like just them and then Ki you be having my emotions all over the place with him please don't let him die cause I just...idk please don't let it happen ={ thanks for this story though I don't really want the end to come but I know it's gotta happen sooner or later
ReplyDeleteOMGGGGG thanks for posting Koy! It's currently 2:34 AM and I'm crying my eyes out please let the baby live :(
ReplyDeleteOMFG wow First off this was Amazing cant say it enough. So glad they finally talked it out and being honest with each other they really needed that. & Pleaseeee let Malaki live :'( Once again this was Amazing I LOVED it. Can't wait for next post!
ReplyDeleteOMG This story is AMAZING!!!! I felt every damn emotion and I'm on the edge of my seat literally crying over here :'( My poor baby Malaki has got to be the strongest virtual baby ever! I'm so glad that Nicki and Drake finally talked out their issues and trust each other now but this should've happened wayyy sooner. You're an amazing writer and I don't want it to end but I understand *tears* Post soon :)
ReplyDeleteOMFGJ like i was almost in tears :'( i seriously thought at one point he wasnt gonna make it & im so happy that nic & drake made up cause i know that definetly helped ki!! I really feel bad for koyoa with everything she has to do like not seeing her kids in 3 days & then being told she has to switch off his oxygen i just pray that ki keeps breathing cause i know he can do it. He can't die he just can't *breaks down & cries* - @Crazii_Barbiexo
ReplyDeleteOmg... I'm so scared for Malaki, poor baby. =(( I almost cried, poor Drake, poor Nicki, poor Koyoa, poor Maria...
ReplyDeleteI hope that Drake and Nicki can work to be back at the happy couple they were. Nicki needs to trust and have faith in Drake.
THANK YOU FOR POSTING!
This story has come soooo far its crazy & its almost over =(...
Yo when I say I am cryin... I just can't believe this is happening. I swear the tears are real :"( Plz make him live, he deserves a chance at life.
ReplyDeletePost soon
@NickiMmemphis
Wow. This was just *bows down to you and Maria* Amazing is an understatement, tbh. Every chapter is like a movie scene for me. This was just one them brilliant scenes. I was so scared the chapter tho.. For Malaki too but for Drake and Nicki specially. I really didn't want them to fight again, Iike I was praying that they fix everything up. But when Nicki was all calm the next morning, I was like thank thee lord, she got her senses back. That talk they had, was everything and then some. Honestly, they should have had this a long time ago, maybe even before Malaki was born. But I never knew Nicki had these insecurities and trust issues with Drake. But forrreal, it wasn't Drake's fault that she had these problems, and I'm glad she admitted that too. She said it herself it's her habit to push people away when they come close. She does it to herself. And Drake had the all the rights to be mad at her for taking him down with her because she can't help but have these problems. BUT, I'm glad he got her to trust him again. They fell down together, but now they are gonna get up and stand together as strong as ever. For their future and for Malaki :)
ReplyDeleteI salute Koyoa for being the strongest person and the best support for Malaki. She treated him like he was her own son and at is just amazing. She was risking her career for a patient, that is just everything. But she had to do it, eventually. She had no choice, and no one can blame her. I wish there was an option tho :( I wish Malaki would survive this. His liddle self gotta be strong one last time, and make it through. Ughhh hate when my babies cry :''( Malaki gotta make it! He just has to! I'm gonna bawl my eyes out if he doesn't :(( And thank you for this greatness of a chapter! Can't believe we are so close to the end of LLT! It is bittersweet! :') post sooner than soon.
K, WOW @ me over here crying Koy. Did I ever tell you you're an amazing writer, [Well you and Maria for this one]. I can almost fee all the emotion, all of it feels so real...it's so realistic which is probably why I can feel the emotion...I'm glad everything is getting back to normal...well, with the relationship, I like the way things are going with them, I like the little sofa talk session, I felt a lot of emotion there as well as I did at the end with Malaki. Omg, when I got to the end I was bouta cry I was like noooooooo. But, I'll be waiting for the next post, I'm excited and scared for it. I don't want the story to be over I love it so much, defiantly in my top 3 fav fan fics... :( Consider a sequel?
ReplyDeleteWOW. This is AMAZING. I'm seriously crying like...omg I pray Malaki makes it through. I hope Nic and Drake work everything out and their relationship becomes stronger. I can't stop crying. This was an emotional chapter. I felt the emotion. You are an awesome writer. Malaki is so strong. And thank God for Koyoa. Omg please post soon.
ReplyDeletei really hope he makes it. im glad she is givin him a chance an him also cant wait for the next update
ReplyDeleteI seriously cannot breather, and could not during this whole chapter. My NickiBear is getting so strong, I love it. Drake showing his vulnerable side in a completely different way than usual is gorgeous to me. I completely understand Nicki's mentality towards her relationships, I swear I do the same exact thing. Never thought of it in the way Drake put it, though. Might have to keep that in mind for future references. I really hope Ki can make it through. That is my little baby. He's a soldier, though. He has Onika and Aubrey's blood in him, they've both been through hell and back, he can do it. He can pull through. Koy, he better pull through or me and you, ma'am, are gonna have issues. lol, but I'm proud of Nic being able to be the strong one. And you told your boss right, he's a punkass n*gga. No seriously. Like Ki is a baby, f*ck your resources, there's a life in that baby. Idc Idc. I'm all emotionally attached this story, it's crazy. Great post, sis. Love you!
ReplyDeleteI am soooooooooooooooooooo upset that this is coming to an end . .I haven't felt this way since the last episode of Hannah Montana :/ . . .anyways . .I LOVED this chapter . .I am so glad that Nicki and Drake are on good terms and they settled EVERYTHING. I just hope baby Ki pull through . .
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine this story coming to an end!please post soon. I need to know what happens with ki!
ReplyDelete