SOOOOOOO I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH THIS CRAZY ASS BARBZ & I DECIDED I WANTED TO POST. SO HERE YA GO. ENJOY!
“So do you think that’s why he was crying so much today?” Nicki asked, wiping her tears.
“I'm sure it was.” Maria said softly. “When heart failure sets in, it can make it hard to breathe. He was probably really struggling to get air & that was the only way his body knew how.”
“So what are the chances of him getting a heart?” Drake asked her. He terrified of the answer but he needed to know. Maria didn’t want to answer. “HOW LONG?” he demanded.
“I don’t know exactly. But I can’t imagine very good. There aren’t too many people that want to donate their newborn children’s hearts. I'm sorry. I wish I had better new for you.” she said softly before rising from her seat & heading down the hall.
“Hey, Maria.” SB said jogging to her. She turned to face him.
“What’s up?” she asked.
“I had a question.”
“Ok.”
“His heart stopping… did I do something? Like was it-”
“Safaree, like I was telling you, nothing you did caused this. If anything, you saved his life. If you weren’t there to calm him down, he would have completely worn out his heart & they probably wouldn’t have been able to resuscitate him.”
“But why me though?”
“Well, I don’t really know. I know when your heart fails; it starts to cut parts of your body off from blood flow. He could have been feeling cold from poor blood circulation. You are naturally warm so that probably made him feel a lot better. Which is probably why Drake was able to sooth him & not Nicki. Being from the islands & coming to such a cold climate, I could imagine she’s anemic so she’s not very warm. Her body would have taken his body heat to keep herself warm. So don’t beat yourself up over this.”
“I just feel so…”
“Responsible? I know. I keep thinking that if I wasn’t out on my break I would have caught it sooner. But what we have to realize is this was bound to happen. Even if we weren’t there. We didn’t do this to him. So we need to not focus on negativity & focus on what we can do to make him as comfortable as possible.” She was going to walk away but she could see there was something else he wanted to ask.
“For him to get a heart…does it have to be a baby’s heart?” Maria couldn’t even do anything other than hug him. She couldn’t even believe he would suggest such a selfless gesture.
“Safaree, you can’t.” She said crying.
“I knew it was a longshot but I would do it if I could. I swear I would. It just don’t seem right.”
“I know. But it will work out. It has to.”
Safaree......I love you
ReplyDeleteIt wasn't r fault at all. Like MAria said you probably saved Malaki and that's just amazing! You're the best Uncle in the world. And when you were suggesting you'd give ur heart, I wanted to hug, kiss, and punch you all at the same time. Pray for Malaki cause that's about all we can do right about now :(
And Koko?.......Yeah. I loved it and I love you. -MnM
Omg I'm over here crying a river, Ki bay boy you gotta get well soon, hold on liddle man, we 'll find you a heart. Faree is so selfless, bless him :'( omg. I don't want to imagine losing Ki please no!! Prayer changes lives though, & that is exactly what we have to do for Malaki. Walk by Faith & Not by sight. We also have to pray for Nic & Aub, for the strength to be strong for Ki. & also for Faree to forgive himself accept that it wasn't his fault. :'( Malakli liddle man hold on okay? :)
ReplyDeleteS/o to Koyoa for having me in tears. I'm an emotional mess. Thank you for going hard w LLT despite everything. Means so much. Love you Koy :)
awww SB!! willing to give up his heart if he could... touching i say. i hope he can get over blaming himself for doing something wrong and see that he actually helped malaki.
ReplyDeleteaaaaw poor SB ... I Love Him So Much
ReplyDeleteGeez I Hope Baby Malaki Gets better ... save His Life Please. Keep Him Alive :'( [*Tears*]
@NIQUEEN_MINAJ
So let me start off by telling you I love you. I don't know why, I just felt like saying it. Oh and I've been praying for you the last couple of nights. You keep popping in my head around the time that I say my prayers so I figured there was a reason for that. *shrugs*
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I hope little Ki gets a heart in time because I know losing him would completely destroy Nicki and Drake's relationship. SB is amazing for wanting to give Malaki his heart and I really want him and Maria to get together now.
-@MzDimpledAngel
SB!! I'm scared ): *wipes tears*
ReplyDelete