chapter 36
Drake woke up early to a hungry Nicki. She was bouncing up & down on the bed asking for pancakes. He ordered her food & watched in disgust as she smeared peanut butter on pancakes & topped it with chocolate syrup. After they ate she called the doctor & was surprised that he could see her that day. She dressed in a simple t-shirt & jeans & they were on their way. When Drake pulled up to the building Nicki put her hand on her stomach. Drake cut the engine & looked at her.
"Is the baby kickin'?" he asked excited.
"No." she sighed. "I'm nervous."
"Why?" he asked.
"Everything is just happening so fast. I just cant believe it." He grabbed her hand & kissed it.
"It's gonna be ok. As long as we stick together it will be alright." She smiled.
"Thank you for being here." she told him.
"Where else would I be?" he said caressing her face. "C'mon let's get you checked out." He slipped out the car & walked to the other side to let her out. They walked into the building. They took the elevator to the 3rd floor & got out. They walked down the short corridor to a large white door with a gold plaque beside it.
DR. LAWRENCE DOLKART M.D. MATERNAL & FETAL MEDICINE.
She squeezed his hand as he reached for the door.
"You okay?" he asked. She took a breath & nodded her head. He turned the knob & opened the door. Thw waiting room was very laid back. The atmosphere was calm. The walls were a soothing light blue. The large windows were covered in beautiful sheer drapes, giving privacy but still letting in the natural light. The sofas were a soft beige & the low coffee tables were simple but still elegant. On the far side of the room there was a flat screen & a small children's area. What really caught Nicki's attention was the the collage of snapshots of newborn babies that made of an image of a woman holding her budging belly. It was a beautiful picture. She stared at it as she waited for the receptionist to open the sliding glass window.
"Can I help you honey?" the thin blond haired woman wearing Tom & Jerry scrubs said, distracting her.
"Oh, I'm sorry." said Nicki.
"Oh, it's alright. Everyone likes that picture. I still can't believe he delivered all those babies."
"He delivered all those?!" Nicki said shocked.
"Yes ma'am! Him & the midwives. Some of our babies are up there too!" she said smiling. "What can I help you with sweetie?"
"I have an appointment today at 11." Nicki said softly. The woman pulled out a clipboard full of paperwork & a pen & handed it to Nicki
"Fill out this paperwork & bring it back when you're done ok honey?" Nicki took the clipboard & nodded. The woman closed the window as Nicki turned around & walked over to the sofa & sat. She zipped through the paperwork & handed it back to the secretary. She sat for a few more minuets before the door next to reception opened. She was surprised to see a very pregnant Mariah Carey walk out with a medium height, chocolate skinned woman in pink & white barbie scrubs, laughing. It was a warm laugh. The kind that made you want to smile.
"Make sure you that baby for me & tell Nick I said hello." she said sweetly.
"Will do. Don't forget my candy next time I see you!" Mariah said as she walked toward the door.
"I will. Bye hunny!" she said as she waived. She looked over to the secretary& smiled. "Watcha got for me Kelly?" The secretary handed her the clipboard & she laughed. "You've got to be kidding me."
"Nope. Not at all." Kelly said shaking her head. The woman looked again at the clipboard.
"Onika?" the woman called. She looked a bit starstruck when she saw Nicki & Drake sitting on the couch. She shook her head & motioned for them 2 follow her. They walked through the door & down the hall to a wooden door with the same plaque as outside. She knocked twice before opening it. "Heeeere's you patients doc!" she said to a short olive skinned man with salt & pepper hair & green eyes. He was a handsome, older gentleman, not wrinkled just distinguished & she liked that. He motioned for them to have a seat in the 2 chairs in front of his desk. Nicki looked around at the many plaques he had hanging in his office. She could tell he had been doing this for a while & that made her feel slightly better. After going over the paperwork he looked at them & smiled.
"Well hello! I'm Dr. Dolkart nice to meet you!" he said politely. "Please say your name for me sweetheart."
"Onika, but Nicki is fine & easier." she said shaking his hand. She was glad he asked instead butchering her name. It made her feel like he really wanted to know her.
"Beautiful name for a beautiful woman." he said to her. She blushed. "And you must be dad." he said looking at Drake.
"Yes sir." he said sternly. "Aubrey. Good to meet you." He shook the doctor's hand.
"Good to meet you as well. First I wanna start by saying congratulations on the baby! I hope you all are excited, shocked, scared & amazed by all of this. I just want you to know you're in good hands. The Midwives & I will take good care of you. I figured I'd tell you a little about myself. I was born in Quebec, Canada, but raised on the lower east side of Manhattan. I went to Stuyvesant High School & then to Mount Siani Medical School. I worked at Sinai Hospital in Manhattan for 6 years before I opened my practice here. For 15 years the midwives & I have treated over 20,000 women & children so I'd say were doing a pretty good job here. Do you have any questions?" Drake raised his hand.
"OK so now will you be the person that comes to every appointment & deliver the baby or will it be someone else?" he asked.
"Very good question! The way this works is, I will assign a Midwife to you & she will be the one to do blood pressures, pap smears & such & I will review all the information at the end of each visit. I will also be the one to deliver your baby, but I will remind you that having a baby is not an exact science. So should a problem arise that I am not able to be there to deliver your baby, your Midwife will assist you. Sound good?" he said smiling.
"So who will be my Midwife? Or haven't you decided yet?" Nicki asked.
"Actually Koyoa is gonna be your Midwife. She's the woman that brought you in. She's especially good with first time moms so I think you'll find her to your liking." I'll take you to her now." He stood up & opened the door . They followed him out to another room. He knocked twice before the woman answered the door.
"What's up?" she said peeking her head out the door.
"I have patients for you." Dr. Dolkart said. Koyoa gasped sarcastically.
"For meeeeeee? You shouldn't have!"
"Oh but I did. Let me know when you're done." he said handing her the clipboard. She stepped aside & let them in. Her office was very vibrant. A pink that was fun but easy on the eyes. Two bookshelves sat on either side of the glass desk in the middle of the room.She motioned for Nicki to sit on the exam table on the far side of the room. She pulled her pink stethoscope from around her neck & put it in her ears. She then grabbed the blood pressure cuff from the hook on the wall & placed it around Nicki's arm.
"So I'm pretty sure doc broke it down for you. Do you have any questions for me?" Koyoa asked as she took Nicki's blood pressure.
"You look pretty young to be doing this. How old are you if you don't mind me asking & how long have you been practicing with Dr. Dolkart?" Nicki asked. Koyoa smiled.
"Everyone says that. I'm 27 & I've known doc almost all my life so he's been showin me the ropes for a long time. He's my pops."
"Really?!" Nicki said surprised.
"Hahahaha, yes. He adopted me & my sisters when I was 16."
"What about your parents? Did he like marry your mother or something?"
"No. When my parents brought me & my sisters to America, my mother took care of his wife when she had cancer. We were always close to him he's really nice. Then my mother got sick & before she died he promised he would take care of us."
"Wow. I'm so sorry."
"It's ok." Koyoa said softly as she wrote in Nicki's chart. "Your blood pressure is good. 120/78." she said as she removed the cuff. "Can you lay down & unbutton your pants for me?" Koyoa moved over to the counter on the other side of the room & grabbed the ultrasound gel out of the warmer, a tape measure & the ultrasonic doppler, washed & dried her hands & came back.
"So what's gonna happen now?" Drake asked.
"Well right now, I'm gonna measure her belly & listen to the baby's heartbeat. Then we'll have to do a pap smear & we'll get an ultrasound of the baby." Koyoa said to him.
"Whats a pap smear?" Drake asked confused.
"She has to dig in my vagina." Nicki said bluntly.
"Oh my god why do you have to do that? Is it gonna hurt?" Nicki & Koyoa laughed.
"I'm not really digging. Just taking samples. It's not the most comfortable thing is the world but I'm not gonna hurt her." Koyoa assured him. She took the tape measure & placed it on her stomach. "I can't believe this report says you got 20 weeks worth of baby in you. You have no belly whatsoever. Are you eating regularly? I know the chart said you hadn't had much to eat the day you went to the hospital." She wrote the measurements down on her chart.
"I don't starve myself. But my life is so busy I don't always remember to do the important stuff."
"I understand. It's all part of being a woman. There's plenty of days I've run out the house before eating breakfast. You just gotta try to make a lil more time for yourself. I know your career is important to you but this right here is by far the most important job you'll ever have." Koyoa said gingerly placing her index finger on Nicki's belly. She then squirted a small amount of gel on Nicki's belly & used the doppler to check for the baby's heartbeat. "His heartbeat sounds good." She said as the listened to the thump thump thump of the baby's heart. After looking at her watch & counting the baby's heartbeat, she turned the doppler off. "Ok so I'm gonna leave the room & I want you to take your pants & underwear off & when I come back we can get this pap out the way. I know you guys are excited to see your baby." She sat the chart on her desk before walking out the room. Nicki hopped down off the table & took off her pants.
"Do you feel any better than you did this morning?" Drake asked her.
"Yeah I do actually. I like this place." Nicki said as she climbed back on the table.
"Yeah I do too. They seem like they wanna take good care of you."
"Mmmm hmmm yeah I know especially that doctor right? He thinks I'm beautiful." Nicki said teasing. She sensed the hint of jealousy Drake was feeling earlier.
"You know what on second thought I think we need to see someone else. Matter fact why don't I just be your doctor? I think I can handle it." he said spreading her legs & moving in between them. She rolled her eyes.
"Why do you do this every time I take my pants off? You are so nasty."
"You love it though." he said as he kissed her.
"Stop it! She's gonna come back in her any minuet!" Nicki said pushing him.
"So what?"
"Were gonna get caught!!!!!" she laughed. Just then the door opened. They moved apart quickly.
"Are you guys ready?" Koyoa asked walking back in. Nicki nodded her head. Koyoa smiled before turning around to the counter. "I bet you guys are really happy about this baby."
"Yeah I'm so happy. I can't wait to be a dad! This is the greatest time of my life." Drake said.
"Mmm hmmm, well how bout you try not to practice making another 1 in my office? Or at least do it by the door, that way I cant walk in on you." Koyoa said as she sat in the wheeled chair next to Nicki. Nicki glared at Drake. He smiled. She mouthed the words "Imma kill you." to him. Koyoa laughed. "Don't worry. You're not the only ones who fantasize about having sex in a doctor's office." They talked a little as Koyoa worked. She worked really quick & made the procedure as easy as possible. After the ultrasound, she left the room again so Nicki could dress. She came back with Dr. Dolkart with her. He didn't stay long, only popping is head in briefly to say he had a baby to deliver & that Koyoa would be finishing the appointment without him. This made Drake smirk slightly. After they said farewell, they made themselves comfortable in the 2 club chairs in front of her desk. She made a few notes on Nicki's chart before looking at them.
"Well everything looked good & sounded good. I'm gonna write you a prescription for some vitamins & then I'll take you down to get some blood drawn. Do you have any questions?"
"So theres been no change from the last ultrasound to this 1?" Drake asked.
"Nope. He's grown a bit but that's about it. Don't worry Drake he's not gonna magically turn into a girl. I promise." Koyoa said knowing that's what he was worried about. Drake sighed in relief. It was quiet for a while. Koyoa was writing more notes on the chart. Nicki looked at her desk & noticed a picture of Koyoa & 2 other women dressed in beautiful purple & gold feathered carnival costumes.
"That's a beautiful picture. Where you at carnival?" Nicki asked.
"Yes! My sisters & I went back home to Trinidad last year for carnival. They had never been."
"You're from Trinidad?" Nicki asked excited.
"Yes! Bonne Aventure to be exact!"
"TRINI MASSIVE!" they said in unison. They both laughed.
"Wow, you must miss it."
"Yes. Some of my family is still there."
"Speakin of family, those girls look so familiar." Drake said pointing to the picture. Koyoa smiled.
"The twin on the left is the 1 that took care of you in Florida."
"Really?" Drake said.
"Yup!" She lifted her hand to show them the identical "Lust 4 Life" tattoo on her middle finger. "The 1 on the right you'll meet in a few minuets. She's the phlebotomist here."
"Freaky how the world is connected sometimes." Drake said.
"Yeah it is. Never in 1000 years did I think I would be your Midwife." said Koyoa
"Ive never had a barb as my nurse before." Nicki laughed.
"Well, at least you know that means I'll take good care of you." Koyoa smiled. She got up, opened the door & motioned for them to follow her down the hall. "I'll b back Kel. I'm taking them down to Krissy." Koyoa said handing Kelly the chart.
"Well good because she just called for you. She sounded worried."
"Ok thanks Kel." said Koyoa. She led Drake & Nicki out of the office & back down to the first floor. They went through a set of doors & to a reception window. The Red haired woman in the window smiled as she saw Koyoa approaching.
"You're just in time. We were about to close for lunch." The woman said with a distinct Russian accent.
"So nice of you to wait for me Mila!"
"Anything for you darling." She said winking at Koyoa.
"Where's Krissy? Is she still here?"
"Yes she's in the back. Go ahead & go in." Koyoa opened a door that lead to a room with 6 chairs & 2 small desks. Sitting at 1 of the desks was a young girl identical to the nurse Kendall from Florida.
"Kristina. I need you to do some blood work for me." Koyoa said handing her some paperwork. Krissy took the papers & looked them over.
"Fine but I need to talk to you. Something isn't right with Kendall. She hasn't called me all day." Krissy said concerned.
"Kris I'm sure she's fine. She's prolly just sleeping. She stayed at the hospital late last night."
"I know, but call it twintuition. I just feel like something is off."
"Look if it makes you feel better I'll call her on my lunch break. Ok?" Koyoa said smoothing Krissy's long brown hair. Krissy nodded. "Great now take care of Nicki for me. I'll be back before my break is over. Nicki I'll see you next week ok? Call if you need anything." She shook Nicki's hand then Drake's before handing her her prescription & left. Krissy lead the way to one of the chairs on the far side of the room. Nicki sat. She tapped her manicured fingers on the table as she waited for the girl to get everything she needed.
"Are you scared of needles?" Krissy asked.
"Kind of." Nicki said.
"Ok well then I'll make sure to use the butterfly needle for you. I hope you're not the type to freak & pass out like my sister. She can deliver a baby even do a freakin' C-section but a needle in her arm & its lights out." Krissy laughed.
"Well I don't think I will." Nicki said.
"Well just in case I'm gonna give you some juice that I want you to drink if you feel light headed ok?" She moved over to the fridge on the other side of the room. "Hope you don't mind orange." She brought 1 carton of juice to the table. She was quiet for a while as she searched Nicki's arm for a good vein.
"Must be nice working so close with your family." Drake said trying to make conversation.
"Yeah it is. Kinda hard being without my twin though. I can't wait until she moves up here next month. I miss her so much." Krissy said sadly. "I found a good one are you ready?" Nicki nodded. She turned her head as Krissy inserted the needle.Before long she had filled up all 7 tubes & pulled out the needle. She placed a band-aid & cotton ball over the site. "Well you're all done my dear. Just drink that juice for me before you go. I don't want you to pass out while you're walking." Nicki gladly drank the juice before standing to leave.
"I hope everything is ok with your sister. She's really sweet & she took good care of me." Nicki said before she left. Her & Drake got in the car & pulled off. Nicki laid her head on the cool glass.
"Are you ok baby?" Drake asked.
"Yeah I'm fine. I'm kinda relieved after this appointment. But I just can't stop thinking about everything else we have to do."
"You know I'm glad you brought this up. There was a reason why I picked this particular doctor."
"Because he's Jewish Canadian & you think Jewish Canadians are the best at everything?" she said sarcastically.
"Yes that is part of it." he joked. "But no. There's something out here I wanna show you."
"What is it?!?!" she said excited.
"It's a surprise."
"A surprise like what?"
"If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise." he laughed.
"Aww well is it far?"
"A lil bit but not really. But it's worth it I promise." he said smiling. He took a right & began to drive down a partially deserted road with a house only every 1/2 mile or so.
"How much further is it baby?" Nicki asked.
"Just a few more minuets baby." he said grabbing her hand. Before long they pulled up in front of a beautiful house on the side of a hill. The front & right side of the house was almost completely glass. The warm cedar wood illuminated by the soft glow of recessed lighting on the porch made it feel so inviting. They got out & walked up the cement steps & into the house. The inside was so spacious & open. She loved that all the natural light could come through all the large windows. She loved big windows. They reminded her of her apartment in LA. The kitchen was stunning. She could see herself cooking under the ultra modern range. A hungry Drake waiting at the breakfast bar for buttermilk waffles & maple syrup. Her & Dricki curled up on a comfy sectional in front of the fireplace. They walked up the stairs to the second floor that gave the house a modern lofty feel. It made the whole house feel like a unified space. The more she walked around the deeper she fell in love with it.She could almost feel herself snuggled up in a king sized bed of the master suite, see herself bathing in the deep tub. It was everything she ever wanted in a house.
"Do you like it?" he asked as she gazed out at the large backyard.
"I love it. Who's is it?" she asked.
"Yours if you want it."
"Like a vacation home?"
"More like a permanent residence."
"Drake."
"Before you say anything, I checked everything out. Store are only a mile away Garbage pick-up is on Tuesday. It's warm in the summer for you. Cold in the winter for me but there's a bagillion fireplaces so you wont have to worry about being cold. It's 45 minuets away from your mother, 1/2 an hour from the doctor's & 15 minuets away from the hospital. Great schools, no neighbors for at leas 1/2 a mile. This would be perfect for us!" he said wrapping his arms around her.
"I don't know."
"Nicki we need a place to live. Why not here? I'm tryin to make sure you & baby rake are alright. Which includes 1 more thing." He went in his pocket & pulled out the engagement ring he had given to her before. "I know this isn't ideal timing but your mother was right about 1 thing. You deserve to be my wife. I love & respect you too much for you not to be. I'm tryin to do whats right for all of us." He slid the ring on her finger. She stared at it for a while. She wanted to marry him, she really did. She knew she loved him. She just wasn't sure if she wanted to get married just because she was having his baby. She slid her hand over the ring before pulling it off & putting it back in his hand.
"Drake, I love you & I really do wanna marry you. Just not like this. I don't want you to do this just because I'm pregnant. I know you mean well but, no, I'm sorry."
"Wait! Nicki, you don't understand-"
"No, I do. What my mom said made you feel pressured. I get that. I know you're heart's in the right place baby but I wont make you do something if you're not ready to do it." I'm not mad at you. I just think we need some time apart to really think about this. Can you just drive me back to the hotel now? I'll just wait in the car." She turned & walked to the car before he could say another word. He stood there for a while before he followed her out to the car. The ride back to the hotel was silent. Drake knew he had fucked up by asking Nicki to marry him. He should have just listened to his mother. He should have just waited to ask her. He was just so nervous. Nicki was right. What her mother said had struck a nerve. He wanted to prove that he could be a man & take care of his family. But he was mad at himself for not thing his decision all the way through. He knew after this, Nicki would be wondering if he really loved her & he didn't want that.
"Nicki I don't mean to confuse you. I love you. I don't want you to think I'm only doing this for the baby. I just thought this is what you wanted. To please your mother. I really don't care if you were pregnant of not I still want you to be my wife." he said as he helped her out of the car.
"Drake, I don't really wanna talk about this right now. I don't really know how to feel about this." Nicki said. He didn't say another word. She booked another room for herself & told him she would call him if she needed him. The next few days all she could do is think about her situation with Drake. She hoped he really did love her for her & not just because she was pregnant but she just wasn't sure about getting married just yet. Three days had passed & she still hadn't made up her mind. She was still in her hotel room. She hadn't left since the day of her doctor's appointment. She got a call from her mother that morning asking her to come to dinner that evening & she wasn't too sure if she wanted to attend. She was lonely & starting to feel a little depressed. She want sure she would be in the mood to be around anyone. It was just around 3 p.m. & Nicki was just waking up from a late nap when she heard someone knocking. She got up, opened the door & screamed. "Nelly what are you doing here!?"
"I came to see you preggo!!!!"
"Preggo!?!? Look at you!!! Baby bump showin & all dat!!"
"Yes it is!!! Look at you mama! You look beautiful!!" Shanell said as she kissed Nicki. "Where's the white boy?"
"I don't know." Nicki shrugged.
"You don't KNOW?!!???!?! What the hell does that mean?"
"I......kinda broke up with him."
"AGAIN?!!?!? Why now!?"
"I don't know." Nicki sighed. "I just feel so confused. We just got back together & then I find out I'm pregnant. Now he wants to buy a house & get married..."
"Whats wrong with that?"
"I don't want him to do it just cuz I'm pregnant. I want him to because he loves me."
"He does love you! You should know this by now! That boy would go to hell & back for you!
"I know but I just cant help but feel like hes doin all this extra stuff to please my mom & while I love him for that, I just don't wanna marry a person for that reason. It's 2011 not 1930.
"Nicki." Shanell sighed. She walked over & sat on the sofa. She looked down as she stroked her belly. Nicki sat next to her & held her free hand."Me & you, were the same. We want the same things. That's part of the reason why I love you so much. You're my best friend in the whole universe & I only want whats best for you. Which is why I'm gonna say you're retarded. You KNOW he loves you. You know hes always gonna be there to take care of you & your baby.Don't give up on him. Don't make yourself miserable, cuz he's a good man & he ain't gonna wait for you forever. You don't wanna be like me. Tryin' to love a man that don't love you back. He chooses to be with you. You gotta choose to be with him too.You don't wanna be alone like me." Tears streamed down Shanell's cheeks. Nicki could see the pain in her eyes.
"Awww what happened Nelly?"
"Some thing that I pray doesn't happen to you. He got tired. That's why I had to come here. To tell you that you can't lave him. He love's you. He wants you. Don't leave him. The worst thing you could do is be alone right now & I'm tellin you cuz I know & I'm so scared." Nicki pulled Shanell tightly to her chest. She rocked her as she cried with her friend. She felt so bad for Shanell. They both had always known Wayne was a bit of a free spirit but that didn't stop Shanell from loving him. She knew he didn't love her as much as she loved him but she hoped that would change. Nicki knew it broke Shanell's heart to know that it didn't. That's when Nicki realized how lucky she was. She knew there was no that Drake loved her. It was so hard to focus on the right things when there was so much more to think about. She didn't want to be like Shanell. She wanted to be happy & she knew the only way she could be was with Drake.
"Baby I'm so sorry. Is there anything I can do?" Nicki asked Shanell sat up& wiped away her tears. She stood up pulling Nicki with her. She grabbed Nicki's keys off the table by the door & put them in her hand.
"Chooses him." She said sternly. She hugged Nicki again before she opened the door. Nicki grabbed her coat before following Shanell's lead.
Nicki pulled her car into the driveway. After she parted ways with Shanell, she wanted to see Drake, but there was 1 more thing she had to do. She got out & knocked on the door. She smiled when her little brother answered the door.
"Hi Ciah!" she said hugging him.
"Hi Nicki!" he exclaimed.
"Whatchu doin?"
"Nuttin. Watchin Dragon Ball Z Kai." Nicki raised her eyebrow.
"Ok sure." she shrugged.
"You're such a loser, Nicki."
"I'm a loser because I don't watch your retarded show!?"
"YES cuz Dragon Ball Z Kai is the greatest show on the planet! There's this guy named Goku & he's maaaad strong! Then there's this other guy named Vegeetah & they fight! OH & Goku's got this son named Gohan-"
"Where's mommy?" Nicki interrupted.
"In the kitchen. BUT I'M NOT FINISHED TELLING YOU!!!"
"Tell me later. I need to talk to mommy."
"You mad wack Nicki." he said as he turned & walked away. Nicki walked to the kitchen where her was cooking dinner. She sat down her keys & rolled up her sleeves.
"Need some help?" she said as she walked over to the sink to wash her hands.
"I'm fine. You sit." Carol said to her. as she pulled out a chair. Nicki sat down & watched as her mother moved about the kitchen. The smell of jerk chicken infiltrated her nose, making her stomach rumble audibly. Carol laughed. She pulled a dish from the cabinet & made her a plate.
"You didn't have to-"
"Just eat." Carol said. Nicki didn't hesitate to dig in.
"Thank you." she said as she finished her food. She took her dish to the sink & rinsed it. She sat back down & smiled. "I'm really glad you called me here, ma. There's something I wanted to say to you."
"Let me go first." Carol began. "Nicki, I am so sorry."
"Mommy."
"Let me finish. I know I was wrong for yelling at you. I don't wanna push you You know I only want whats best for you. You're my baby girl. But I don't want you to ever feel like I i don't live you, or him. You children are everything to me. Just please forgive me. I never ever meant to hurt you." Carol started to cry. Nicki stood up & ran into her mother's arms.
"Don't cry mommy. I forgive you. I forgive you!" She sobbed. She hated seeing her mother cry.
"I was so wrong about everything. I'm sorry. You're so smart, so beautiful. I know you'll be a wonderful mother."
"It's cuz I learned from the best!" Nicki said trying to laugh through her tears.
"I love you."
"I love you too, ma."
"I know you do. That's why I need you to do something for me."
"Anything." Carol put her hand under Nicki's chin, bringing her eyes to meet her own.
"I need you to listen to your heart. Don't let my values influence you. I want you to do what you feel is best for you. Whatever that decision may be, I will support you." She kissed her daughter's forehead gently. Just then there was a knock at the door.
"What's up Drake!" Maciah exclaimed.
"What's goin on man!" Drake said hugging him.
"Man, you came just in time. The new Dragon Ball Z Kai is about to come on!"
"Oh word!!?! I thought I missed it!" Drake said as he flopped down next to Maciah on the couch. The two of them sat engrossed in the show they were watching. Nicki looked over to her mother.
"Ma?" Nicki said. Carol shrugged, averting her eyes.
"I was just inviting family for dinner." Nicki glared at her mother before walking to the living room.
"Hey." she said tapping his shoulder. He turned around & was surprised to see her standing there.
"Hey what's up?"
"What are you doing here?"
"My mom she wanted to go to a friends house for dinner & next thing I know were pulling up in the driveway. She neglected to tell me you would be here. Do you want me 2 go?" Just then, Sandi walked in. She waved & said hello but did nothing more as she raced to the kitchen with Carol. The 2 women giggled like school girls as they glanced back at Drake & Nicki.
"No, it's fine. Can we go talk?"
"Can it wait til commercial?!" Maciah whined.
"Boy, be quiet." she said mushing him playfully. Drake laughed.
"Hey. Tell me what happens man." he said to Maciah before getting up & walking with Nicki to the dining room. They stood by the patio doors staring out to the starless night.
"You know when I look out there its like that's how I feel right now." she said softly.
"Like what? Smoggy?" he asked.
"No." she laughed. "Like a sky with no stars. Everytime I'm away from you that's how I feel. Dark. Ominous. But then you come & light me up & I don't know why I never noticed that until just right now."
"You know I feel the same way. I've always felt that way." She turned to him & grabbed his hands.
"Drake. I'm sorry. I know it's frustrating as hell to deal with me when I'm always changing my mind about everything but there's so much on my mind. I get so confused. But I know I'm not confused on how I feel about you. I love you & I wanna be with you. I just hope you can understand that I love you I just think a wedding on top of everything else would be too much. I really do wanna marry you just not right now. I hope you're not mad." She looked as him trying to see if there was any anger he was feeling but there was none. He actually started laughing. "Whats so funny?"
"You know when your mother called & told me that you would forgive me, I didn't believe her. But I'm glad she was right. I was starting to get worried."
"She said that?"
"Yes. I should have known they were up to something. They been sneakin, talkin on the phone for the past few days."
"Oh well since you kinda knew this was coming, I hope you have my ring so you could put it back on my finger." She said to him.
"You know I did." he said as he pulled the right out of his pocket & put it back on her finger. She smiled as she looked at it. She had never realized how naked she felt without it.
"I'm glad we got that out of the way." she said putting her arms around his neck. "You know, I really liked that house. You think its still available?"
"Nah, someone bought it." Nicki was kind of sad about that. She really liked that house.
"That's too bad. Do you know who? Maybe if we ask them nicely they would sell it to us."
"Nah I don't think so. I know the guy that bought it. He's a real jerk."
"Really? Who is he?"
"Some guy named Aubrey. I think he's like some rapper guy." Nicki rolled her eyes.
"You know what? I'm not even gonna say it cuz I know you want me to." She crossed her arms over he chest.
"C'mon you know I like it when you call me that." he said pulling her to him. He kissed her neck. She couldn't help but smile.
"Shut up & take me home. Freakin' jerk."
THIS IS HOME.
HEY I KNOW YOU GUYS LOOOOOOOVE MY STORY BUT I ALSO KNOW THAT A WHOLE WEEK CAN ALSO BE A LONG TIME 2 WAIT FOR MORE DRICKI. SO I WANTED TO GIVE YOU GUYS THE LINKS 2 MY FAVORITE DRICKI STORIES!
ITS ALWAYS FOREVER OR NEVER BY MY LIL BUG MNM THT I LOVE SO MUCH!
http://elitecreativity.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=readit&thread=722&page=1#30296
THE WAY I LOVE YOU BY MY TWEETIE PIE PUFF & STUFF!
http://www.breeding5.com/showthread.php?t=155445
IT'S STILL IN YOUR EYES ALSO BY THE PUFFINATOR LOL!
http://bit.ly/gEFb0f
SEE YA!!!

Midwife Koko is in the his-ouse!!! You bedda werk it girl!! And yay my twin! YES IT'S TWINTUTION KRISSY CAUSE IM DEAD! LMAO XD.
ReplyDeleteKoko your are such a cool midwife! Nicki you ain't have to be so blunt about it 'she's gonna dig in my vagina' lyk WTF I'm with Drake on that one! Sounds so wrong! I'm g;ad my baby is healthy!!! Love u baby whose name I do know but can't say!
Ugh ONIKA TANYA MARAJ! PLZ STOP BEING SO GOT DAMN STUBBORN! DRAKE WOULD NEVER DO THAT TO YOU BUT YOU'RE ALWAYS SECOND GUESSING IT AND PUSHING HIM AWAY! STOP PUSHING HIM AWAY! STOP! *your voice 4rm rtm*
OMB NELLY! Barb I feel so sorry for you! Wayne is being a douche and if he doesnt snap back to it Imma rise from the dead and dswing him by his dreads ya dig? But I love the talk you gave her cause it's true; she has a good man that she keeps pushing away and eventually he'll leave if she keeps doing it because he needs to be loved to! LOVE HIM! CHOOSE HIM!
CIAH MY BABYS!!! DBZ ROX! Goku is a goofball XP. Mama M ur back on my good side again! I love you :). An dyou and Mama G are a mess! Ya'll think ya'll slicker than the guy with the thing on his eye! But it ended well because they talked and Nicki will retire with the ring ;)
THE HOUSE IS AMAZING! I WANT A HOUSE LIKE THAT!!! Dricki would love it!!! Lmao 'Freakin Jerk; her most favorite thing to call him XP
AND NO WONDER YOU ASKED FOR OUR LINKS! UR SO SWEET KOKO! I LOVE YOU TOO <3<3<3<3<3
I loved this chapter as I do the entire story! I HAVE S SURPRISE FOR YOU AFTER JP HAS REVIEWED AND YOU COME TALK TO US ON TWITTER! MNM OUT!
*IM NOT AFRAID* BWAHAHAHAHAHA! XDDDDDD
Holy FUCK its been like 2 hrs that ive been reading this! it always takes me this long to read them cus u know i read it like 3 times before reviewing cus i dont wanna miss anything!!
ReplyDeleteOMN pancakes with peanut butter and chocolate syrup sound sooooo good! you made my tummy grumble as i read! lol i wanna try it now!
aww its so cute how excited drake gets when the baby kicks or he thinks hes gonna miss it!
ahh now i see why u told me to pick cartoon character, TOM & JERRY!!! lol i love them.
anywayy, i literally gasped and laughed out loud when i saw u put Mariah in there!! ahahaha i lovee thatt celebrities in and out of that office! but she shouldve seen Nicki or something!
Hmmmmm for some reason i really like Koyoa, she seems sooo shunshine-y and cutee! lol kinda reminds me of someone *side eye* XD
Lmao at Drake when Nicki said "She has to dig in my vagina".
I like the doctor too but its so funy that Drake would be jealous of him, what did he expect to be like oh no ur ugly Onika? =____=
And now he wants to deliver the baby? I know he rather practice making them then deliver them lol
& in the doctor's office?? SMH Nasty people! but "Don't worry. You're not the only ones who fantasize about having sex in a doctor's office." of course KOYOA would say that, such a freak coco dont hide it! lol
Aww the baby seems healthy and good im glad!! hmm..
Anyway, I dont like the sounds of the twintuition thing.. I hope Kendall is otay.. I like that sisterly bond they all have!
THAT HOUSE IS SO T#$%^N#TVQ# FUCKING BEAUTIFUL! I knew it was the twilight house, see so many things that u tell us during the week make sense now!
It really seems like the perfect house, perfect setting for them.
I agree that Drake shouldnt have proposed again. Especially saying what he said... he shouldnt have brought up her mom in that because it shows he wants to prove himself to mama m so bad. Not thinking about what Nicki would feel bout that. It makes me sooooo sad they they broke up again but he did mess up.
DAMN DRAKE, its like the 5th time ur proposing to her, you should know what to do and what not to do =_________=
Nelly *sigh* u should have know, i love wayne and all but he already had 4 kids, and did he last with those baby mamas? no so the chances that it would have been different with you are slim. I feel bad for her but now i know why u said i was on the right track about nelly being lonely. Now shes gonna raise her babies alone :(
Im glad Nicki was smart to listen to her i would hate for her to end up like nelly even tho i know drake wouldnt let that happen. Im sure listening to nicki explain why she broke up with drake struck a nerve with nelly. shes saying he wanted to marry me and buy me a house and build our life together while nelly has the complete opposite and the guy she loves doesnt want to give her that, it would feel like a slap in the face to me so im glad she told nicki what she needed to hear.
AHH MICAIAH MY BAAABY *side eye mnm*
Hes soo cuteee, liddle lambchop! thats so cute how he and Drake bond over dragon ball!
Mama m im so glad you and Nicki worked it out, you just wanted whats best for nicki and the baby.
LMAO at the grandmas giggling like school girls, plotting for their reunion! aww they are soo cute haha
Overall im soooo happy she took the ring back now, they are engaged! and he actually bought the house.
lol FREAKIN JERK he knows he loves that and it would be wrong for her not to call him that!
*rests fingers, breathes deeply* I told you i was gonna leave a reaaaally long review, so there it is XD
*Bows gracefully & exists stage right*
Oh *turns around dramatically, flipping hair* BTW mnm.... stop being mean to me while im not even on twitter thanks for defending me coco XD *side eye mnm*
lol
-The puffinator <3
ITS BARBIE BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH XD
you need to update quickkk. addicted to this story.
ReplyDeleteLol, i LOVE this!!!
ReplyDeleteBtw, i smell a Maliah behind that whole "sick twin" thing back at the doctor's office in FL. Idky, but i jus do...