dricki

dricki

Sunday, January 9, 2011

RUNAWAY LOVE

HELLO EVERYONE!!!! HOW ARE YOU ON THIS WONDERFUL SUNDAY!?!?!?! GOOD I HOPE!! AS PROMISED HERE IS YOUR CHAPTER. ENJOY!



chapter 35


Nicki & Drake left the hospital & went back to Wayne's house to tell everyone she was ok & rest before their flight back to New York. Nicki tried pleading with Drake to let them stay a few more days but he said no. After SB informed her that her mother had called her & he had no choice but to tell her she was in the hospital, she knew she was in for it. Before she left Shanell made a doctor's appointment for herself & was surprised to know that she was pregnant with twin boys & was only a few weeks behind Nicki. After many hugs kisses & a promise from Nicki to never again doubt Wayne's "gift", she & Drake were off to the airport. Her head was hurting from the thought of the coming conversation with her mother. Drake could tell she was stressed. He pulled her close to him & held her until she fell asleep. After 3 hours on the plane  Drake nudged her awake. They had finally landed at LaGuardia Airport. He helped her out of the airport & into the rental. The entire ride to her mother's house she was worried. She felt like a child awaiting her punishment. When they walked inside the first thing they heard was Dricki barking & racing toward them. He slid across the hardwood & stopped in front of them. Drake scooped him up in his arms.
 "Hey boy!!! Ive missed you! Did you miss me?! Huh?!?! Did you?!?!" Drake said as he scratched behind Dricki's ear. Dricki yelped as he wiggled out of Drake's grasp & into Nicki's arms where he laid his head contently.
 "I guess he didn't." she laughed.
 "Nicki!?" She knew as soon as she heard he mother say her name this would not be pleasant. She walked into the kitchen where her mother was with Sandi drinking coffee.
 "Hi mommy." she said sweetly as she kissed her mother's cheek. Drake did the same to his mother then to hers. Carol glared at Nicki.
 "Don't 'hi mommy' me. SIT." Nicki sat silently at the opposite side of the table. Drake sat next to her. He could tell she was nervous. He grabbed her hand under the table & interlocked his fingers with hers. She glanced at him & smiled. She looked back to her mother who looked like she would explode at any moment. "Well?" Carol said crossing her arms. Nicki sighed.
 "First, I wanna say, don't be mad cuz I'm fine. I just had a little dizzy spell cuz I didn't have enough to eat. I'm ok." Carol sighed in relief.
 "Well, thank goodness you're ok. I'm still mad at you for not taking care of yourself but at least it was nothing serious. You don't know how worried I was when Safaree told me you were in the hospital. Ive told you about working so hard. You need to take better care of yourself. But why couldn't you tell us this over the phone?"
 "Cuz that's not all." Nicki said. Her voice was shaky. She looked back at Drake.
 "Well, what is it? Is it you Aubrey? Are you hurt?" Sandi said grabbing her son's hand. He smiled at her.
 "I'm fine ma." he said kissing her hand. He looked back to Nicki. He could see how nervous she was. He thought maybe this wasn't the right time to tell them. He'd never lied to his mother but at this moment he would if it would help Nicki. "It's just that Nicki-"
 "I'm pregnant." she blurted out. The room grew silent. Sandi covered her mouth with her hands while Carol shook her head.
 "I'm.....going to be a grandmother? I cant believe it!" Sandi said as she stood up. She kissed her son then Nicki while hugging her.    
 "I cant believe it either. What were you thinking?!?!" Nicki hung her head. She knew this conversation was coming. Sandi looked at her confused,
 "Carol, children are blessings! How can you NOT be happy?!" Sandi asked.
 "I should be happy that my ONLY daughter is unwed & pregnant with nowhere to live?! How did this happen? What made you think this was the right time to have a baby when your career is taking off, you have no time to yourself & you had to run away from California & move back in with me because some crazy woman is chasing you!! Honestly Onika what is going through your mind?"
 "Mommy it was an accident!" Nicki exclaimed.
 "An accident? DID YOU NOT LEARN YOUR LESSON?!?!? THERE SHOULD BE NO MORE ACCIDENTS! You promised me, YOU PROMISED ME, when I agreed to let you go to that clinic that you had learned your lesson. You said you would be CAREFUL! That the next time you were pregnant you would be  grown & out of my house & MARRIED! You are NONE of those! You think that now you have money that's all you need to raise a child!?! ITS NOT!!! How will you care for this baby? HUH!?!?!?!? How can I trust you to take care of my grandchild when you cant even take care of yourself!?!? You think he's gonna do everything!?!?! What will you do when you push him away again!?! A child needs stability!! you of ALL people should know that!!! How can I trust you to stay with him & be a family when he can't even respect you enough to put the ring back on your finger!?!?!?"
 "No disrespect to you Ms. Carol but regardless of what happens between Nicki & I, I will ALWAYS be there for my son. I love Nicki with all of my heart & I have every intention of being with her for the rest of my life but I know what it's like not have a father around & I want the exact opposite for him."
 "Wait, wait, WAIT! Did I hear you correctly? A son!?! Nicki exactly how far along are you!?" Sandi asked her.
 "Were not exactly sure but from the ultrasound they assume about 18-20 weeks." Drake told her.
 "So you knew all this time?!" said Sandi.
 "No. I found out the night before I went to the hospital. He found out when he found me in the emergency room." Nicki whispered.
 "So you knew you were pregnant & you didn't think to eat!?!? How could you be so SELFISH?!" she said getting in Nicki's face.
 "I'm not selfish! It was an accident! I was stressed out! Especially since I knew THIS is what I was coming home to! I know you're still mad & you haven't forgiven me but it's been 10 YEARS! Stop treating me like a little kid!
 "That's EXACTLY my point! 10 years have passed & you're still acting like a stupid child! But there will be no running to the clinic this time Onika. No one will be her to fix YOUR mistakes!!!!! I just don't understand you! You worked so hard for all of this & now you throwin it away! I can't believe you! You're supposed to give your children more than what I gave you kids. Be better than me! Now you're ruining it! I'm so disappointed you." Carol turned & walked away. Nicki sat staring blankly as the tears slid down her cheeks. She couldn't bring herself to say anything. Sandi walked over to her & hugged her tightly.
 "I'm so sorry sweetie. I know this must be hard for you." she said softly. Nicki quickly wiped her tears away & smiled.
 "It's ok. I'm fine." Nicki said trying to save face. Sandi knew she was hurting but she understood that she just needed some space.
 "Well we're gonna go. Give you some time to yourself ok?" Sandi told her. Nicki looked at her & thanked her silently for understanding.
 "Thank you. I just really need some sleep. When I wake up maybe I'll feel better & I'll try to work things out with my mom. Right now all I wanna do is day down. It's been a long few days." She said standing up. Drake pulled her to him, wrapping his arms around her. His head on her belly.
 "I'm sorry. I feel like this is all my fault."
 "It's not your fault." she told him as she smoothed the back of his head. She hated that he had been here during this conversation because she knew it would make him feel bad. She hoped he wouldn't take it to her heart but she knew he would.
 "I feel like it is. But you don't have to worry I'm gonna take care of everything. For BOTH of you. You sure you don't need me to stay with you? I really don't wanna leave you here."
 "I'm fine. I really just need some sleep right now. I promise if I need you I will call you." Nicki told him. Drake sighed. He kissed her belly, then her lips before he & his mother walked out the door. 
 Drake walked to the car & let his mother in before hopping in the driver's side. He pulled out of the driveway & sped off down the street.
 "Do you mind slowing down?" Sandi asked.
 "Sorry." Drake said as he reduced his speed. "I just can't believe she just yelled at her like that. Why would she do that?"
 "Well that's her daughter Aubrey. She's just concerned. You have to admit this isn't an ideal situation to have a child."
 "Well she didn't have to yell at her like that. She doesn't need that right now, she needs support."
 "Even though she's mad that's still her daughter. She'll come around. She can't be mad forever. She just wants what's best for Nicki. She doesn't want to hurt her."
 "Well she doesn't have to worry. I want the same thing. I'm gonna show her that house I've been lookin' at & I'm gonna put that ring on her finger. I wanna show her that I am gonna be there for Nicki & my son."
 "I understand you have good intentions but do you really think think that's a good idea?"
 "Why wouldn't it be? Her mom wants her to be married. I wanna marry her. Everyone wins. Besides, shes the mother of my child. She deserves to be my wife. I'm actually kinda glad that her mother wants to speed up the process."
 "Yeah but you don't have to marry her because shes pregnant. Marry her because you love her. I made that mistake with your father & you see how that turned out. Besides I don't think that's what Nicki really wants." Drake sighed as he pulled into the parking lot of the hotel. He cut the engine & hung his head.
 "I just wanna do the right thing. I'm just not sure what that is. I don't want her to think I don't love her, but I know she wants to please her mother. Aaaahhh! This is all so confusing." he said as he ran his hands over his face. Sandi took her son's hand & held it tightly.
 "Everything is moving so fast right now. The only thing I can tell you is be patient with her. She's just as confused as you are but shes the one actually having the baby so it might take her a little more time to see you have her best interest at heart." He got out the car let his mother out & walked into the hotel.

 After they were checked in & in their room, Drake made a couple phone calls as his mother ordered their dinner.
 "Please, Karla, just do this for me? I really can't make it."
 "But I just don't understand why! You freakin begged me to sett up this meet & greet on such short notice & now you want me to cancel it!?! You never do this! I'm really worried." Karla said to him.
 "Karla, Nicki just got out of the hospital. She needs me right now.
 "What's wrong?! Is she okay?" Karla gasped.
 "She's having a hard time right & I really need to be there for her. "
 "But what does that meeeeaaan?!?!" Karla whined.
 "I cant talk about it."
 "Drake, you tell me everything!!! The face that you're keeping this from me has me worried. Is she gonna DIE or something!?!?!?"
 "No, she's not gonna die. She just needs my support & I wanna show her this house I've been lookin at."
 "House?! What house?!?! i thought you were staying with your mother?"
 "Well I told you Nicki & I were back together. I'm a grown ass man with a fiance` What do I look like livin at home with my mom?" he said laughing.
 "So she took the ring back?"
 "Not yet, but she will."
 "And you're sure you're ok?"
 "Karla I'm fine. Just do this for me?" Drake pleaded. Karla sucked her teeth.
 "Well can I at least know where you're moving to? I think I deserve that since my bestie is moving away from me yet again & ditching a meet & greet that I worked so hard to put together."
 "You're fishing Karla. No. I'll let you know when the time is right. When everything is settled I'll invite you over I promise." he told her. Karla sighed.
 "Alright. I hope everything is ok. Call me later." They hung up. He checked the time. It'd been about an hour since he left Nicki at her mother's house. He wanted to call & make sure she was ok. He dialed her number & waited for her to answer. Nicki heard her phone ringing. She looked at the caller ID & saw it was Drake. She wiped her tear stained cheeks & answered.
 "Hello?" she answered.
 "Hey, did I wake you?" he asked.
 "Kinda but it's ok."
 "You alright? It sounds like you're crying."
 "No, just really sleepy. I was just dozin' off when you called." she lied.
 "Oh, I'm sorry. I just wanted to make sure you were ok." he said.
 "I'm fine." she said.
 "How's the baby?"
 "He's fine I assume. He's kicking a little bit." That made Drake's heart swell.
 "I wish I was there to see it. Or feel it rather."
 "I know you do."
 "Do you need anything? Do you need me to come back?"
 "Baby, I'm ok really. I just need some sleep."
 "Ok well call me if you need me or want me or just wanna talk or anything."
 "I will."
 "I love you."
 "I love you too." she said before she hung up. She hung her head. She really did hate lying to him, but she just didn't want to break down while she was on the phone with him. She didn't want him to worry more than he already did. She pulled the covers back & climbed out the bed. She walked down the hall & sat the folded paper she was holding on the floor in front of her mother's door. After that she stood up walked to the door, put her shoes on & left.
 The headlights outside of Carol's window was what woke her. She got out of bed & proceeded to go down stairs but stopped when she felt the paper crumple underneath her feet. She picked it up & unfolded it. When she did something fell out. before she picked it up she read the note.
  MOMMY I KNOW YOU'RE UPSET RIGHT NOW & I DON'T BLAME YOU. I'M SO SORRY FOR DISAPPOINTING YOU. BUT MOMMY PLEASE HELP ME. I'M SO SCARED RIGHT NOW. I KNOW YOU'RE ONLY MAD BECAUSE YOU WANT WHATS BEST FOR ME & YOU LOVE ME. I JUST HOPE 1 DAY YOU CAN FIND IT IN YOUR HEART TO LOVE HIM TOO...
 Carol bent down & picked up what she had dropped. she turned it over & saw that it was an ultrasound picture of the baby. She clutched her chest. Sobs were caught in her throat. At that moment is when she understood how real it was. Her baby was having a baby. Her only daughter was going to have a child & she had made a huge mistake by scolding her & not supporting her. She knew what she had to do.

 Drake was sitting down to eat with his mother. His food had just arrived. As he looked down at his food he thought about Nicki.
 "Ma, you think I should call her again? I wonder if she's eaten anything."
 "Aubrey I'm sure she's fine. If she needed something I'm sure she'd call you. Besides I don't think her mother's gonna let her miss any more meals." Sandi said as she began eating.
 "Well I'm just gonna check on her 1 more time." He stood up & dialed her number when there was a knock on the door. He walked over to answer it. "Nicki, what are you doin here?" he asked as he let her in.
 "I couldn't sleep." she said softly.
 "Why what's wrong?" he asked. he was really concerned. She looked down as her lip quivered.
 "I just don't know what to do." He pulled her to him as she started to cry.

5 comments:

  1. Damn Mama M u were a bitch this chapter! I wanted to slap you honest to god I did, but I still love you. How can you scold her infront of Drake and Sandi like that?! What kind of sense is that? She's ur daughter and u should support her not freakin make her wish it didn't happen! I think she knows she can't run to a clinic, in fact, she'd run the OPPOSITE DIRECTION!

    And Drizzy, do NOT marry her bcuz she's preggy, that is not even cool. I know you love her, but just be there for her right now cause if you do try to propose to her agian, that's exactly what she'll think u doing it and reject u again.

    Nicki I dnt see why you had to apologized to her. Cause truth be told if IT wasnt chasing you you wouldnt even BE in her house, and I doubt the same city, as ur mother so she needs to fall back. I'm glad u ran to Drake but u really shouldn't endanger ur self like that!

    KOKO! Nice name for the chapter ;) I liked this update even though the badass in me wanted to freakin argue with Mama M (I still love her though) GOOD FOR YOU GLEN COCO! XD

    -MnM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coco! This turned a sucky day into a great night!
    I loved it!
    I promise ill be back with a huge review when i get enough strength to get on a computer!
    Hm they should have laptops in the hospitals for patients lol
    -JP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh shit!!!! Ms. Carol needa calm down wit alla dat! That's your daughter, she needs you now more than ever!!!!!
    And drake you are truly an amazing guy! But dont sit there and marry just to please her mama! She can get over that shit if that's the damn case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and BTW Mama M, YOu said Nicki wasn't neither of the three things you listed; Grown, Out of Your House, and Married

    BUT She' grown! She pays her own bills had her own place has a stab;e career, so yeah she's grown. (If I was Nicki I would've argued this point)

    Just read this again and it STILL made me wanna fight -______- Like seriously Mama M would have to whoope me cause I would tell her some thangs about herself! Still love her though! And it's 4:57am and I am FREAKIN TIRED! This is what happens when I give you guys an extra hr n a half to play -_______- XD

    Love ya Koko talk to ya when I get out of skwl! -MnM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay i can review now!
    Otay *deep sigh*....

    WTFF MAMA M!! HOW CAN U JUST YEL AT NICKI LIKE THAT?? AND IN FRONT OF EVERYONE!!

    I know you just want whats best for nicki and ur worried about whats gonna happen but drake is right she needs support right now and ur not giving it to her! Nicki needs her mother to be there with her through her pregnancy!
    and im reaaaaaally mad at that comment towards drake..
    "How can I trust you to stay with him & be a family when he can't even respect you enough to put the ring back on your finger!?!?!?"
    WTF do u not see how much he loves and cares for nicki? ur gonna make nicki insecure bout their relationship with that!
    Nicki is grown and its not her fault some crazy lady is chasing her, otherwise she wouldnt be living with you!
    At least Sandi is there to show some excitement bout the situation.

    Nicki dont cry! itll be all resolved soon!
    That letter really touched me esp when mama m saw the liddle baby!

    Karla... mind your own business "Is she gonna die or something." -____- shuttup.. and just for stealing my line 5dotz you get my non-asian-discriminating face =____= BAM!

    Dont worry Nicki Drake will make it better!

    As always i loved it coco!
    Muahh!

    JP

    ReplyDelete