dricki

dricki

Thursday, December 2, 2010

WHAT IF

I know this is short guys but Im hard at work on the chapters ahead so im tryin 2 get these 1's out the way. Hope you like it! Enjoy!


chapter 23


It was 4 weeks before Nicki's first show of her "Pink Friday" tour in Atlanta. Nicki & Drake had decided to fly their families out to their house in LA for a small engagement celebration. Everyone was so proud of Nicki's success but hey knew it would be a while before she would be bakc home. The tour would last from July to October & then she would be shooting videos for some of her new features. She was sad she would be away from her family so this get togheter was a good pick me up. She spent most of the day with Viola, her brothers & nieces in the pool. Drake was hanging with Niko Prince, Forty & SB by the pool, listening to music & eating. Carol & Sandi were looking at Nicki suspiciously all day. She thought maybe they were planning something. She didn't mind. She was in such a happy mood. But it did wierd her out a little bit. She didn't want them really gushing over the engagemenmt. She just wanted to have a good time without any pressure of new rings & wedding plans. She just tried to keep her distance, at least until later on that night. They were only here for 2 days so she wanted it to be as pleasant as possible. She took a break from the pool to grab a water from the kitchen, when they finally cornered her.
"Nicki, honey how are you? How are you feeling?" Sandi asked her.
"I'm fine! How are you?" Nicki answered.
"Nicki, is there something you're not telling me?" her mother said bluntly. Nicki raised her brow.
"What do you mean?" Nicki said laughing.
"I had a dream about fish, Nicki." Carol said. Nicki nearly spit out the water she was sipping.
"What?!?! You think? ME? No!" Nicki exclaimed.
"I dont know Nicki. I mean your skin is so dewey & luminious. Youre just glowing! Evenn your hair is shinier! Youve always been a beautiful girl, but Nicki you are just radiant!" Sandi told her.
"Not you too!?" Nicki said rolling her eyes.
"I know we could be wrong, but we could be right. You sure youre not pregnant?" Carol asked. NIcki smiled.
"I love you guys & i really appreciate your concern, but I'm not pregnant. Aubrey & I are careful & if I was you guys would be the first to know. I promise." She laughed as she walked out of the kitchen & back to the pool.
 
Later on that night, when everyone was asleep, Nicki lay across Drake's chest earing only his high school gym shirt that she had grown to love. Dricki at the foot of the bed, snoring lightly. Nicki was restless tonight for some reason & Drake could sense it. He lifted her head so she could look at him.
"What's wrong?" he asked. She smiled at him
 
"Nothing." she shrugged. He knew she was lying, but he also knew if she wanted to talk about it, she would. He resumed reading "An Autobiography of My Experiments With Truth" by Ghandi, enjoying Maxwell's "Whenever, Wherever, Whatever" playing softly. She knew he was wating for her to speak & that it would bother him if she didn't. He was always worried about her. She figured the best way to say it was to spit it out.
"Baby." she began.
"What's up?" Drake said.
"Our moms think I'm pregnant." Nicki told him. Drake burst into laughter. He stopped laughing when he looked at her & realized she was serious.
"Do you think you could be? You've been taking your birth control, right?" he asked her.
"Yes, faithfully, but they just scared me. My mom told me she had a dream about it. You know what happened the last time my mom had a dream about something happening? My house burned down."
"I know baby. But it's about what you feel right now. What do you wanna do?"
"I just wanna be sure. So I had Viola get me this." She reached in the in the side table drawer & pulled out a box of 4 pregnancy tests. Drake took the box from her & held it in his hands.
"Well, lets go do it then." he told her.
"What? No! I can't."
"Why not?" Nicki bit the side of her lip.
"I'm nervous." she said softly.
"OK, I'll do it with you." he said pulling her off the bed.
"Youre gonna piss on a pregnany test?" she asked.
"Yeah, sure why not?" he said to her.
"Why whould you piss on a pregnacy test?" he said rolling her eyes. Drake pulled her close.
"I know youre nervous. I am too. I dont want you to feel like youre in this alone. I just wanna help." She smiled at him.
"Thank you." she said sweetly. They both made their way tot the bathroom, pregnancy test in hand. After they took the tests, they waited in the bathroom for the results. "this is the longest 5 minuets of my life." she sighed.
"It's just cuz youre worried. Calm down." Drake said hugging her. He looked at his rolex to check the time. "You ready to look?"
"No, I don't wanna look." she whined. "You do it." Drake walked over to the vanity & gasped. "What is it?"
"I'm not pregnant!!!!!" Drake exclaimed.
"Aubrey, shut up."
"Neither are you, look." he laughed as he handed her the stick. She took a deep sigh of relief as she read those 2 precious words.
"I never thought I'd be so happy to see the words 'not pregnant." Nicki said.
"I'm glad youre relieved. Now come to be so we can do another practice run!" Drake scooped Nicki in his arms & carried her to bed.

3 comments:

  1. "I dreamt about fish" XD #DEAD!!!!!!!!! I remember when all of my family had dreamt about fish in someway(I dreamt about Nemo), and then a week later my cousin found out she was pregnant.

    YOU DIDN'T SHOOT HIM!!! YAY!!!!!!

    An dLmao at Drake taking the test, and then being like "*gasp* I'M NOT PREGNANT!" XP

    LOVE IT KOKO!!!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmao! I luv the part where Drake's goofy self said he wuzn't pregnant!! Hahaha, too funny barb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was cute, aha :] This story is pure adorableness!

    -BgLove

    ReplyDelete