dricki

dricki

Sunday, November 14, 2010

A LITTLE TOO LATE

OK I know I left you guys with a real cliffhanger so this is me apologizing. I know you wanted to know what happened next so here ya go. I'm typin my lil fingers off tryin 2 get everything I've already written up while still trying to write. Plus I do have a real life. I'm sneaking on this during nap time, shhhhhh lol. Anyway, enjoy!



chapter 12



It was a little after 11:30 & SB still hadn't heard anything from Nicki. He tried calling her, but got no answer. After calling her a few more times, he grabbed the spare key to her room & went over to check on her. She was knocked out on the couch. He looked at her Macbook & saw she was waiting for Drake to get on Skype. This angered him. He knew Nicki had been waiting all day to hear from him. He thought is was kind of wrong that he stood her up on her birthday without even so much as a call to let her know he wasn't going to be able to. He planned on moving her to her bed but when he bent down to pick her up, Lil Wayne's "A Milli" blared from his iPhone. Nicki stirred gently. He quickly ran out the room trying not to wake her.
 "Hello." SB answered.
 "SB?" said Drake.
 "Who else would it be nigga?" he said in an extra ignorant tone.
 "Where's Nicki?" Drake asked.
 "She's sleep. Where the fuck are you?" Just then, He saw Drake coming out of the elevator. SB headed down the hall toward him. "you were here all this time?!?! Why you ain't come here earlier?!?" SB said in an angry tone.
 "I just got here. YO, what the fuck is yo problem my nigga?"
 "What's my problem? My problem is she waited all day for you to talk to her & you stood her up. She couldn't get a call sayin you wasn't goin make it? She waits waits to hear from you all day && you sand her up, on her BIRTHDAY?!?! you couldn't even send her a text. You were 45 fuckin minuets away & she aint get a call all day? Get the fuck otta here! What's worse is she fell asleep in front of her Mac waitin for you to Skype her. I don't know what you were doin & I don't really give a fuck but if you don't give a fuck about her just leave. I'm not about to let you play with her feelings." SB could feel himself escalating. His breathing was heavy, his hands clenched into fists. He knew Nicki was probably going to be mad that he was yelling at Drake but he didn't care. Before he could  get another word out Drake spoke.
 "Listen man." he began. He was furious. He couldn't believe anyone would question his love for Nicki. "Imma try & say this as calmly as possible, but you needa fall the fuck back. If I didn't care about Nicki, I wouldn't have spent over $10,000 on flowers that I know she won't take care of just because they made her smile. I wouldn't have spent my entire day calling around tryin to book a flight to get her before midnight, because I know she wanted me here. I wouldn't have raced to get here, losing half my luggage in the process, just to be able to hold her. It took me 6 hours & 3 connecting flights with 2 hour layovers just to be her on her actual birthday, which you are about to make impossible.I know thats your friend & it's you job to protect her. I respect that, but don't try to fuckin tell me I don't love her cuz I wouldn't BE HERE if I didn't. Now you can gimmie the key & let me in or you can explain to her tomorrow why I got here at 11:45 & she didn't see me until the next day."  SB started to feel bad. He could tell by the tone of his voice he meant what he was saying. It was just so difficult to imagine someone caring about Nicki when it had been just him & her for so long. He just didnt want to see her hurt. Nicki was his best friend & he loved her with all he had. Beacuse he loved her is the reason why he opened that door. He walked back to his room & hoped he didn't regret his decision.
 "Drake closed the door quietly behind him as he entered her suite. She was so beautiful laying there on the sofa. he sat on the coffee table & looked at her for a while. To actually see her sleep here on this sofa, knowing she was waiting here for him, made his heart sink. Any animosity he felt toward SB for what he said was dissolved. He completely understood what he meant. He stroked her face gently with the back of his hand. He stood up & scooped her in his arms, carrying her to her bed. Her eyes fluttered as he layed her down. He sat at the edge of the bed & began taking of her shoes. Nicki rubbed her eyes. She couldn't believe what she was seeing.
 "Drake." she said softly. He turned to her & smiled. He tossed her shoes to the floor. She tried to sit up, but he gently pushed her back down, kissing her.
 "Go back to sleep." he whispered to her. She put her hands around his neck, pulling him closer, kissing him.
 "I've missed you." she cooed.
 "I've missed you too, go to sleep." He kissed he cheek. As he stood up, she grabbed his hand.
 "Don't go." she pleaded. "Stay with me."
 "I'm just goin' to the couch."
 "No!" she whined. He couldn't refuse her. He took off his jacket, kicked off his shoes & crawled into bed with her. She sighed contently as he wrapped his arm around her. He buried his nose in her neck, taking in her sweet scent. he closed his eyes as he planted his lips on her neck. At that moment, everything he went through was worth it. He was startled when he heard her unzipping her pants.
 "What are you doing?" he asked. He slid his hand down & noticed her hip was bare.
 "I can't sleep in these." she said kicking off her jeans. The feel of Nicki's warm skin under Drake's hand was heaven. He slid his hand up, just under the hem of her shirt. He would have loved to slide his hand under the bikini string of her panties. He sighed heavily as he threw the blanket over her. He hugged her close as he lay on top of the covers. She was slowly drifting back to sleep as he whispered in her ear.
 "Nicki, I'm sorry you were worried. I didn't mean to stand you up. I love you." He sighed heavily as he looked at the clock just as it changed to 12 o'clock. "Happy birthday."



Don't be too mad at SB. You know he loves Nicki. I know this was short so I'll try & post some more soon ok?!?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment